Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 02:48 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times

Advertisements

Looks like pup snatchers got cold feet when realized heat was on.

https://gothamist.com/2019/08/22/dog...urg_street.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 06:36 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
When I lived in Corona, I use to see people tie dog to post, and then walk into store for long time.

And I also see missing dog posters everywhere.

Multi-tasking is not worth losing your dog over.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:06 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,773,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
When I lived in Corona, I use to see people tie dog to post, and then walk into store for long time.

And I also see missing dog posters everywhere.

Multi-tasking is not worth losing your dog over.
Yeah. So do I but they tend to be pit bulls and dobermans. Big dogs. I think they'll be safe left outside. See people (including me) give them a wide berth when passing by them.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:52 PM

220 posts, read 154,485 times
I say hang the guy that stole the dog

Old 08-22-2019, 07:54 PM

220 posts, read 154,485 times
Not because it's stolen, but because of this

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.co...rip=all&w=1286

Old 08-22-2019, 08:05 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times
Basically a handful of people steal dogs.

Thugs looking for pit bulls, German Shepards and other fighting/guard dog breeds.

Eegits looking for Teacup Yorkies or other "cute" dogs for their kids, girlfriends or maybe themselves. They cannot afford to buy a pure breed, so like everything else their first instinct is to go with five finger discount.

Finally you just have busted eegits who want a dog but for reasons know only to themselves won't go to a shelter or use other low cost sources.

There really isn't any reason to kidnap a pooch. Even shelters get pure breed dogs, especially the no kill/rescue places. Cost is low and most of it ensures pup has had their shots and so forth.

It's like those who steal bodega cats. I mean WTF? Shelters are bursting with felines they practically cannot give away, no need to steal.

Guy in picture caught nabbing pup looks like some homeless or busted person who likely thought he could make a few quick bucks selling the dog. Then realized no one would touch it because it was too "hot". Sort of like stealing something famous and valuable; or a large stash from the mob. You've got to sit on things and wait for temperature to cool down. However with a dog that isn't possible as it needs to be fed and so forth. So unless you're in it for the long haul.....

Old 08-23-2019, 04:10 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,601,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Back in the 60's N.Y. mom's would leave the stroller outside with child on board
while running into grab a bottle of milk. How times.....er.........people have changed.
In the 60s kids were stolen, killed, raped too. Perhaps it was underreported. Bad people always have existed. It was stupid to do that now and then.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:24 AM

3,738 posts, read 3,474,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Don’t leave your dog unattended. Problem solved.
The victim blaming around here is astounding.

No blame for the actual criminal. Says a lot about the mindset of deblasio lovers.

Wonder if you feel that rape victims shouldn't go outside "dressed like that" either?

Old 08-23-2019, 04:24 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,601,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
The victim blaming around here is astounding.

No blame for the actual criminal. Says a lot about the mindset of deblasio lovers.

Wonder if you feel that rape victims shouldn't go outside "dressed like that" either?
It's not CD without getting a anti Diblasio or anti liberal reference.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:00 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
It's not CD without getting a anti Diblasio or anti liberal reference.
It is a crazy phenomenon

To be brutally honest, I think people lately are so disappointed with how their lives have turned out living here, that they look to blame any and everything, and latch onto the easiest thing to blame.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City