Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 06:28 PM

926 posts, read 417,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
This is not going to be Howard Beach or Crown Heights.

Anybody except for a complete idiot can see that the perpetrators of these types of crimes are severely deranged individuals, and though race 'may' be a factor for targeting, the main factor is that these people are deranged.

What reasonable member of the black community in NYC thinks its justified to beat a 61 year old man collecting recycling cans senseless?
No offense, but I'm afraid you are being very naive, here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 06:43 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
In a city of millions there are plenty lot of complete idiots of all communities that will do idiotic things
And that's the bottom line.

They're idiots.

Anybody who thinks a random Asian person walking down the street is responsible for releasing a virus is an idiot. I don't care how many of them are. And I don't care what percentile of the black/white/latino population thinks that way. They're idiots.

The protest aren't to change the minds of idiots. It's to galvanize normal people into being more vigilant.

Old 04-25-2021, 08:38 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Gosh, this is horrible. Look at this picture... Why? Seriously: why, why, why?
It's called Black supremacy or insecurity whatever you want to call it. The media has already covered black bullies beating up white elderly folks.

Old 04-25-2021, 08:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I'm an Asian male and things have come a long way since I was younger.

It used to be Asian men were either Long Duk Dong or played ping pong or Bruce Lee.

Now, we have players in all pro US sports, hook up with the hottest women (Walking Dead), and actually play bullies on TV (Cobra Kai). There's a new movie with an Asian kid playing a hip hop basketball star, and I actually think it takes place in NYC. And stuff like that really changes people's perceptions.

Of course ... 'some' people will always be behind the times. Just like some people will always think all black people are criminals. And some people will always feel women are inferior.

People are a product of what they see and what they are programmed to believe.

But I'm glad to see 'most' people are changing with the times.
Some are in denial of facts endlessly. You can't deny what is.

Women are not as physically capable as men. Intellectually equal if not better equipped.

The African American community has serious social problems. Poor leadership and in equally threatening evidence is a violent culture of victimology.

There are differences. Accept and live with that. If we can't drag the truth into the light and speak about it then these problems will only get worse.

Old 04-25-2021, 08:59 PM

2,818 posts, read 2,285,892 times
Jesus, this thread is a train wreck. I hate that everything has to be culture wars 24/7. This is a horrible crime. I hope the person has a smooth and quick recovery.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:19 AM

63 posts, read 46,079 times
It's only fair that the establishment treat this crime as not racially motivated. The same way it treats 99% of non-white on white gentile crime.

It is interesting to see the dynamic between non-white gentile groups in conflict.

If white gentiles left this country tomorrow you would see the establishment looking for a new boogie-man on which to blame all the deficiencies of blacks. That group would likely be asian-americans. The blame can never be directed at the group running the establishment.

Old 04-26-2021, 08:06 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnon View Post
It's only fair that the establishment treat this crime as not racially motivated. The same way it treats 99% of non-white on white gentile crime.

It is interesting to see the dynamic between non-white gentile groups in conflict.

If white gentiles left this country tomorrow you would see the establishment looking for a new boogie-man on which to blame all the deficiencies of blacks. That group would likely be asian-americans. The blame can never be directed at the group running the establishment.

It would then be even more fair if police mistakes in the heat of a tense situation weren't treated as racially motivated. The establishment has no particular bogeyman, has not had it in a very long time (unless you refer to the fact that the wokes look as though they might be the new establishment, and their bogeyman is everyone else except them).

Last edited by elnrgby; 04-26-2021 at 08:27 AM..

Old 04-26-2021, 08:22 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
Jesus, this thread is a train wreck. I hate that everything has to be culture wars 24/7. This is a horrible crime. I hope the person has a smooth and quick recovery.

A smooth and quick recovery from this kind of injury, with being comatose, is not particularly likely. The assailant needs to be found before he repeats this on someone else, and needs to have have a speedy trial followed by life sentence for "cruel and unusual" with the obvious intent of killing or, worse, inflicting a permanent major neurologic disability.

It is not really a culture war, since there are no cultures in reciprocal war in NYC - there is only one sub-culture, ie, the ghetto culture of crime, that terrorizes all other cultures. It is NOT identical with the black race or culture, it is its own perverse little universe inside a massive city where other people of every kind generally get along. It is incredible that this tail is being allowed to wag the dog. If NYPD were allowed to round up these people (there are apparently only about 2,000 of them in the city - the same people with endless repeat arrests), and if the judges sent them into the lockup for life, there would be no culture wars of any kind left in the city.

Last edited by elnrgby; 04-26-2021 at 08:40 AM..

Old 04-26-2021, 08:43 AM

6,688 posts, read 6,033,238 times
I hope that one day, one of these racist assailants mess with the wrong Asian male (or female) and they get their asses kicked Cobra Kai style, and that it's caught on video. That'll teach whoever is watching to think twice before attacking!

Old 04-26-2021, 09:47 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,238,298 times
The victim is as good as dead. Best case scenario he will be brain damaged. Slim chance he will fully recover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City