Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 12:09 PM

451 posts, read 325,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Wow, you are clueless. Getting vaccinated is actually NOT a choice either for many people. There are many people who cannot get vaccinated due to various health reasons. Either way, how does vaccination make any difference? If I were not vaccinated, how does that do anything to affect you? A vaccinated person can pass and spread a virus just as easily as an unvaccinated person. This is a FACT! It is time this draconian BS ends. This practice certainly does not convey American Freedom. I have no interest any other Government than the one that represents us in the Land Of The Free. Furthermore, any lawsuit against a business claiming someone got COVID there would surely be squashed since there is no way to prove where you actually got the COVID cold from. Therefore that statement/argument is also null and void. Finally, NO, there are no other businesses I witnessed recently that are compromising a person's freedom hence practicing communism. Yet, I would like to know if there are others to avoid as well.
Yeah, I'm clueless. You call anything you disagree with "communist".

This practice certainly DOES convey American Freedom. It's their own decision (one that I wouldn't make as a business owner). Just as you crying about it on City Data forum also conveys beautiful American Freedom.

My only gripe was calling this "communist". It's just not. Similarly to how some people calls slurs or offensive words "violence". Words still need to matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 12:16 PM

1,158 posts, read 868,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEATSHIRT View Post
The bar owners don't care about how the vaccine does or does not mitigate the spread of COVID, that's not why the policy exists. They're doing this purely to stick it to their political and cultural enemies. That's it.
Now this actually makes more sense

Old 06-01-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Thanks for the heads up.

Just don't go there, it's like demanding someone bake you a cake even tho they hate your guts. Go somewhere else.
My thoughts exactly. I will laugh if I find out that they are forced to close in the near future due to lack of business.

Old 06-01-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
Yeah, I'm clueless. You call anything you disagree with "communist".

This practice certainly DOES convey American Freedom. It's their own decision (one that I wouldn't make as a business owner). Just as you crying about it on City Data forum also conveys beautiful American Freedom.

My only gripe was calling this "communist". It's just not. Similarly to how some people calls slurs or offensive words "violence". Words still need to matter.
No, I do NOT call everything I disagree with communist. I did admit that "medical segregation" would be a better term. But when someone's medical freedom is affected, it is a form of communism in my opinion. It is ok if you disagree.

Old 06-01-2022, 12:31 PM

451 posts, read 325,518 times
Quote:
No, I do NOT call everything I disagree with communist. I did admit that "medical segregation" would be a better term. But when someone's medical freedom is affected, it is a form of communism in my opinion. It is ok if you disagree.
Fair enough. They must think there is a contingent of COVID-fervent people out there who would want to support a vaccine-checking business extra hard? I can't imagine that's a good business move. For the most part, the "going out and grabbing drinks" crowd isn't really concerning themselves with something like this. It comes down to my theory that most Americans just want to grill (or insert synonymous fun/normie activity). In this case, go out for a beer and not give a damn about any of this. And I say that as someone who got both shots and one booster - I would've been completely ok if no place ever did vaccine checks in the first place.

Old 06-01-2022, 12:52 PM

3,352 posts, read 1,243,466 times
Quote:
Ok, perhaps the better phrase is medical segregation. But, I also believe "communism" fits because a person's freedom is still being compromised, wheras anyone else is welcome. Sure, a business can do whatever they want, but it is a sure way to hurt themselves. It is just like a bakery refusing to decorate a cake for a gay couple. Segregation either way.
I think it's stupid and terrible for business but it's not remotely communism

You keep trying to call it communist for some bizarre reason but you don't get to define the word

Old 06-01-2022, 01:13 PM

270 posts, read 145,970 times
Quote:
Now this actually makes more sense
It seems to be a trend in "trendy" areas throughout the country. See the link below. It's somewhat related.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/05...ce-free-store/

Old 06-01-2022, 01:36 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,438,044 times
I am all for it. Let the hillbillies breath amongst themselves.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:03 PM

5,856 posts, read 2,975,368 times
Was in Vermont, Cape cod, Martha's Vineyard last week. Zero vaccine checking was done. People having fun all over.
I dont any place has ever asked me for the card, but I do avoid dining in Manhattan like a plague.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:12 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,750,988 times
Poooooooor baby. In the EV, you probably had to walk another three minutes to reach another bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: