Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2011, 09:36 AM

326 posts, read 718,636 times

Advertisements

I went to Arthur Avenue last week to get some pastries at Delillo's Bakery but there was a "for rent" sign on the retail space it used to occupy. Did Delillo's move to a new location, or did it go out of business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 09:42 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeena View Post
I went to Arthur Avenue last week to get some pastries at Delillo's Bakery but there was a "for rent" sign on the retail space it used to occupy. Did Delillo's move to a new location, or did it go out of business?
You should have looked around a bit.They moved 2 doors down the street.
The new address is 610 E 187th St.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:11 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,629,510 times
The new place is really big - I'm sure they'd be upset that you were able to miss it. Last time I went there, I wanted to buy about $6 of pastries with change - mostly quarters, and they gave me such an attitude. I've been going to other places since - Egidios is nice and Ginos is fine for canolies & way cheaper. I got tiramisu there for $1 - at De Lillos it's more like $4, but honestly De Lillo's is much better.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:16 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
The new place is really big - I'm sure they'd be upset that you were able to miss it. Last time I went there, I wanted to buy about $6 of pastries with change - mostly quarters, and they gave me such an attitude. I've been going to other places since - Egidios is nice and Ginos is fine for canolies & way cheaper. I got tiramisu there for $1 - at De Lillos it's more like $4, but honestly De Lillo's is much better.
Egidios is my favorite because it looks and feels like it is in Italy !

Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM

326 posts, read 718,636 times
Thanks so much for all the responses, actually I did look around, I purchased Italian bread at Addeo's, went to the Arthur Avenue market, purchased lottery tickets, etc. I guess the new DeLillo's didn't catch my eye, maybe I wasn't expecting a new place to be so close to the old DeLillo's. I caught the attitude at DeLillo's the last time I was on Arthur Ave. also, but didn't know of another good place for pastries, but now I do from all your posts! It's such bad business to treat customers shabbily, I guess they have so many customers that it doesn't matter to their pocketbook if they treat customers badly, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it!

My birthday is next week and I was going to pick up a canoli cake from Artuso's because I read on-line that they have the best one, any other places around Arthur Ave. with good or better canoli cakes than Artuso?

One more comment, I couldn't find a place that sold pizza by the slice, or did I miss that too? Full Moon pizza didn't have prices by the slice, and neither did the pizza place in the back of Arthur Avenue indoor market. Am I right that most of the pizza's is sold whole around there?

Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,629,510 times
Quote:
Thanks so much for all the responses, actually I did look around, I purchased Italian bread at Addeo's, went to the Arthur Avenue market, purchased lottery tickets, etc. I guess the new DeLillo's didn't catch my eye, maybe I wasn't expecting a new place to be so close to the old DeLillo's. I caught the attitude at DeLillo's the last time I was on Arthur Ave. also, but didn't know of another good place for pastries, but now I do from all your posts! It's such bad business to treat customers shabbily, I guess they have so many customers that it doesn't matter to their pocketbook if they treat customers badly, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it!

My birthday is next week and I was going to pick up a canoli cake from Artuso's because I read on-line that they have the best one, any other places around Arthur Ave. with good or better canoli cakes than Artuso?

One more comment, I couldn't find a place that sold pizza by the slice, or did I miss that too? Full Moon pizza didn't have prices by the slice, and neither did the pizza place in the back of Arthur Avenue indoor market. Am I right that most of the pizza's is sold whole around there?
Full Moon definately has pizza by the slice - maybe they're just not posting their prices. I'm sure there are other places, but I'm hooked on Full Moon's eggplant pizza so I don't try anywhere else. Addeo's is by far the best bread I've had in Little Italy. Sorry, but I have no canoli cake experience - but it sounds great.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:33 PM

84 posts, read 249,851 times
Quote:

Full Moon does have pizza by the slice it something around 3 dollars. I swear that place gets no love some of the best pizza I had in the Bronx love the crust.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:01 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
How is Arthur Avenue compared to Little Italy in Manhattan? Is the quality of the food better? I'm interested in checking it out.

Old 06-29-2022, 03:21 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,445,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
How is Arthur Avenue compared to Little Italy in Manhattan? Is the quality of the food better? I'm interested in checking it out.
It’s better.

I tried DaNico’s in Manhattan’s Little Italy and it was good but the food at Mario’s, on Arthur Ave., although more expensive, was better.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:31 PM

270 posts, read 145,225 times
Quote:

Ivana Pizzeria sells pizza by the slice. They are located in the middle of Arthur Avenue, across the street from Teitel Bros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City