Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 05:23 PM

8 posts, read 11,506 times

Advertisements

if I were running NYC, here's what I would do:

1. add "trash compressing" containers on all street corners. nyc is 3rd world when it comes to trash cans.
2. add protection on train platforms so people can't 1. fall in or 2. throw trash onto the tracks.
3. start fixing up all sidewalks. they are 3rd world to the highest degree.
4. start fixing streets with the best material (I believe London does this), which makes them extremely durable.
5. I would ensure subway platform entrances cannot be cut through unless you pay. right now people simply jump over them. ridiculous.
6. I would hire homeless people to clean up all train stations every month.
7. I would triple the tourist tax and lower the income tax.
8. I would add more cops throughout the city.

vote for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2023, 05:55 PM

9,136 posts, read 6,196,866 times
It's very easy to tell everyone else how to do their job.

Lots of people start talking about "if I were". Those statements are as fanciful as:

Old 02-21-2023, 06:58 PM

1,467 posts, read 760,934 times
Look at this disastrous amount of money wasted by nyc officials

https://nypost.com/2023/02/21/nyc-se...for-just-500k/

Old 02-22-2023, 04:56 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
why are city officials so incompetent?

I dunno.......So kickbacks can maintain their position of power ?

The city is full of Mouth breathers and unproductive eaters.

Old 02-22-2023, 05:40 AM

537 posts, read 446,491 times
Competency starts with the voters. They keep re-electing bums to city positions.

The list of elected New York state officials is a who's who of fools. How about starting there.

Old 02-22-2023, 05:46 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,181,689 times
Voters in places like New York and Chicago, etc are the incompetent ones They are the ones that give the wrong people power

Old 02-22-2023, 06:37 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,082,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by username9938 View Post

1. add "trash compressing" containers on all street corners. nyc is 3rd world when it comes to trash cans.
2. add protection on train platforms so people can't 1. fall in or 2. throw trash onto the tracks.
4. start fixing streets with the best material (I believe London does this), which makes them extremely durable.
5. I would ensure subway platform entrances cannot be cut through unless you pay. right now people simply jump over them. ridiculous.

vote for me!
Please detail the costs and where the money is going to come from before I pledge my vote. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2023, 08:35 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,713,438 times
Quote:

Costs too much for the city to do.
Quote:
Jumping over subway turnstiles is a human right! Enforcing rules is racist. Making homeless work is abuse! You'd have all these civil rights orgs coming out of the woodwork.
Quote:
Can't lower taxes here. A lot of people grift on that $$$.
Quote:

vote for me!
See above. Civil rights orgs/BLM will come out in protest.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:20 AM

3,526 posts, read 5,707,021 times
Quote:

vote for me!
If the electorate werent mostly people who have survived a lobotomy we might get better leaders.....

Old 02-23-2023, 03:34 PM

23 posts, read 7,032 times
Quote:

vote for me!

great ideas albeit expensive.

please add a program where dog poop offenders are fined $750 a poop left unpicked up on the sidewalk.

i think nyc is testing adding subway barriers. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/23/n...-barriers.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: