Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2024, 04:30 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm not surprised. The UES has a lot of rats. Of course rats are all throughout NYC, but the number of rats I see on the UES is truly astounding. I think I've only seen a comparable number/frequency/etc. in Downtown Brooklyn on Fulton Street Mall after the shops close. And even then the UES still probably takes the cake. Truly disgusting.
Surprisingly Crown Heights, add that neighborhood to the list

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2024, 06:38 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm not surprised. The UES has a lot of rats. Of course rats are all throughout NYC, but the number of rats I see on the UES is truly astounding. I think I've only seen a comparable number/frequency/etc. in Downtown Brooklyn on Fulton Street Mall after the shops close. And even then the UES still probably takes the cake. Truly disgusting.
Don't know why but from about E 80th north between Lexington and York nearly every block is lousy with rats. East 83rd between Third and Second was *really* bad, but things seemed to have died down a bit, but they're still there however. What you don't see can hear as rats are in trash bags, under parked vehicles....

Wait until they start tearing down half block on Third between 80th and 81st on west side of block for new construction. They've got rats on that block already (Eli's has huge bait stations out front).

Old 01-06-2024, 09:10 PM

Things aren't getting better in city rat wise either.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/06/metro/...pike-nearly-8/

This despite that clown Adams creating a $155k/yr position of "rat czar" for one of his buddies.

How this grifting eejit became mayor I don't know, but he's got to go.

Old 01-07-2024, 01:54 PM

18 posts, read 19,481 times
Lol

Old 01-07-2024, 10:41 PM

Why is not DSNY really handling this

I would like to see them actually become the city's exterminators

To me that would make sense

Old 01-07-2024, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Why is not DSNY really handling this

I would like to see them actually become the city's exterminators

To me that would make sense
DSNY handles trash.

DOH deals with vermin.

During pandemic when rat sightings were off hook DSNY was collecting trash overnight/early AM. That meant trash bags weren't sitting on curb all night providing a buffet feast for rats. That seems to have stopped.

DSNY commissioner seems more interested in wacky liberal democrat schemes like composting and forcing homeowners to fork over $45 for trash cans. This instead of finding ways to keep that over night/early AM trash collection thing going. It made a big dent in rats and mice sighting.

If anything things have just backslid lately.

After pandemic eased trash on our block was still usually collected by 8AM with occasional overnight/early AM pick-up. Past few months guys don't roll around until sometimes nearly 9AM.

Suppose higher ups think that because trash isn't supposed to go out until 8PM now it has eased up on rats and mice having all they can eat buffets. It hasn't.....

Old 01-07-2024, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
DSNY handles trash.

DOH deals with vermin.

During pandemic when rat sightings were off hook DSNY was collecting trash overnight/early AM. That meant trash bags weren't sitting on curb all night providing a buffet feast for rats. That seems to have stopped.

DSNY commissioner seems more interested in wacky liberal democrat schemes like composting and forcing homeowners to fork over $45 for trash cans. This instead of finding ways to keep that over night/early AM trash collection thing going. It made a big dent in rats and mice sighting.

If anything things have just backslid lately.

After pandemic eased trash on our block was still usually collected by 8AM with occasional overnight/early AM pick-up. Past few months guys don't roll around until sometimes nearly 9AM.

Suppose higher ups think that because trash isn't supposed to go out until 8PM now it has eased up on rats and mice having all they can eat buffets. It hasn't.....
It is called the Department of Sanitation

So let them keep it clean, I'm sure they know how

Or you wanna hire another rat czar

You live in one of the most rat-infested neighborhoods in the city

How do you cope

Old 01-08-2024, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
It is called the Department of Sanitation

So let them keep it clean, I'm sure they know how

Or you wanna hire another rat czar

You live in one of the most rat-infested neighborhoods in the city

How do you cope
Dude I live in the rich heartland of Lenox Hill, not east of Lexington (Yorkville).

Rat situation around here varies but is no where near what it is further east.

If you'd but bother to look at NYC's rat portal for 10075 and 10021 you'd learn something.

https://towardsdatascience.com/rat-c...i=ca0adf12e1ee

Old 01-09-2024, 05:08 PM

Things could be worse....

https://nypost.com/2024/01/09/metro/...blanket-video/

Old 01-12-2024, 05:08 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Wait a minute, I just realized - rats running FREE?

I'm sorry, but with the price of movies these days, they should be paying full admission price like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City