Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 12:27 PM

8,479 posts, read 4,724,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm surprised so many people are sticking up for the Confederacy here
That seems to be a you problem, not an “us” problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2024, 01:17 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,048,957 times
Born in NY, moved in 79. Live in TX since so I am a Confederate. Its sad that the majority of people and government like to tear that city down. BTW, more illegals are coming. Getting the shipment ready

Old 02-21-2024, 01:18 PM

87 posts, read 25,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
If you were smart, you'd log out and move somewhere else.
He won’t do that. He’s a mod here. This is the most important he will ever feel in his life.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:45 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Quote:
The mayor is not logging on to this forum and making posts here wishing that NYC collapses.
NYC is a top down city from the minority who dominates thought. You better do what the top small percent of people who live on the UWS and read the Nyt or even on the UES for that matter.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:52 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Quote:
It sucks that something that didn't even happen within the city changed your feelings. Most of those people at the riots weren't even from NYC. They got paid to come here and start a ruckus. On one of those televised riots around Barclays, I saw someone with a Vermont hoodie on.

When I moved to NJ. I was on the train platform in Bloomfield I noticed a few people blacks and white liberals alike with banners in regards to policing in NYC. I respected their solidarity, but on the flip side. These kids don't live In NYC and live in sheltered suburban life, however on their way to either protest or riot in the name of a moral panic.

Any how. I've been to Minnesota. For many white liberals probably the majority of white liberals who feel bad for blacks and a cohort of blacks mainly academically and very liberal. Death of George Floyd is worse than 9/11.

NYC will come back in some way shape or form. And we will remember the good days.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:54 PM

1,285 posts, read 642,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
Born in NY, moved in 79. Live in TX since so I am a Confederate. Its sad that the majority of people and government like to tear that city down. BTW, more illegals are coming. Getting the shipment ready
You forgot to pluralize "shipment"..tell your superb Governor that NYC wants a continuous supply of diversity. It is our strength after all..

Old 02-21-2024, 01:58 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
That seems to be a you problem, not an “us” problem.
With that being said, I don't understand why you're in the thread

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-21-2024, 03:19 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Nevertheless, that doesn't negate the disadvantages of streetcars.

To your larger point, about people wishing for the collapse of New York City, there are certainly some people out there who hate New York, or hate big cities in general. But there are others -- I count myself among them -- who hate the liberal attitudes of being soft on crime, making excuses for criminals while coming down hard on law-abiding citizens, encouraging illegal migration and pampering the illegals with free hotels and gift cards while allowing them to assault police officers, blatantly excusing the misdeeds of people from certain races while constantly blaming racism on people of certain other races, and so on. Such leadership seems to have severely infected New York and has exacerbated the city's problems.

THAT is what I want to see fail and collapse. Not only the politicians and their hangers-on who have caused these problems or made them worse, but the very mentality that allows these things to happen. As the old saying goes, sometimes you have to destroy the village in order to save it. If the only way that New York will learn to shake off its mistakes is to hit rock bottom, then that's what it'll take. And that's what some of us are rooting for. But when the dust settles, and the more sensible people take charge, I will certainly root for New York to rise from its depths and take its place among the great cities of the world.
My opinion:
Confederate or Union...........America for Americans.

If America votes for Trump I can see a road to recovery.
He stands apart for the elites and interrupted their plans 2016.
Made sure he wouldn't win 2020. Thought he would drop out.
Came back with a fury. Stands alone but will stop at nothing
to save this country, this city.

Unfortunately, many do not see it this way. Are consumed
with who they think the man really is instead of what he has accomplished.
He has not stopped campaigning with plans of what he will continue to do
while the other side throw accusation fter accusation without
laying out a plan ...nothing on how to clean up Joey's mess.
Fools are more concerned with government handouts and freebees
than the country it's constitution and true Democracy slowly slipping
away from each and every American. As November draws near
watch the media perform its magic in locking down on our first
Amendment under some nefarious excuses, Joey droppin out,
and Mickey stepping in.
Time will tell.
Lord help this city.
God Bless America

Old 02-21-2024, 04:08 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
I'm for the well-being of NYC, but that starts with the accountability of its citizens.

Yes, citizens. Not the illegal aliens. They are contributing to the lack of well-being in NYC.

Old 02-21-2024, 06:20 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Why should someone care about the well being of NYC if they are not cared for by NYC? I’m talking about the middle class and politicians?
Speaking as a born and raised in the actual heart of the former Confederate States (northeast Louisiana), and White middle class, I'll tell you why.

First and foremost, the well being of NYC is about the well being of 8 million + people. Why be indifferent about the well-being of even eight people?

Second, a prosperous New York showcases a good image to the world. If this country's largest, most iconic, city isn't prospering, then what image does this give the rest of the world to this country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City