Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,995 times

Advertisements

hello im forming an llc and need to run two public notices for six weeks and need to know which papers charge the least? im in queens county can it be any paper in nyc area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 04:47 AM

304 posts, read 1,304,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycstartup View Post
hello im forming an llc and need to run two public notices for six weeks and need to know which papers charge the least? im in queens county can it be any paper in nyc area?
State law says notices must be in newspaper(s) "designated" by the county clerk ... so I'd ask the Queens County Clerk (718-298-0605) what's "designated"; then I'd check ad rates.
And obviously, neighborhood and similar smaller-circulation papers will be the cheapest, ad-wise.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:38 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,950,467 times
I was just going to state what's been stated above. You need to inquire at the county clerks office. It usually runs a couple of thousand dollars. Easier to set up an LLC from DELAWARE.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:31 PM

877 posts, read 2,769,055 times
I'm in the process of doing that in Brooklyn at the moment and the notices for the paper is going to run me between 700 - 800 dollars. As stated, you need to go to the County's Clerk Office and they will tell you which daily paper you need to run it in and which weekly paper you need to run it in. For what it's worth, the papers that I was given to run the notices in are strictly Brooklyn papers since that is where the LLC is being formed. Also, they will not give the information out over the phone (at least in Brooklyn). They want to see the Articles of Organizaiton receipt from Albany with the raised seal. You will need to bring it with you and also a photocopy of it for their records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City