Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:39 PM

407 posts, read 829,002 times

Advertisements

I don't know if its just me but I feel like this spring in New York has been terrible. We have had so much clouds and rain. Anyone know the reason for all the rain/clouds here in our state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 06:29 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,545,947 times
Its been raining everywhere not just NY.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:12 PM

715 posts, read 2,510,020 times
Fronts seem to be having a difficult time moving through the Northeastern US; last week's rain was related to a stalled front, and the same can be said for any rain seen thus far this week. Enjoy tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday, should be sunny days.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:47 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Unless you are literally being flooded out of house and home, count your blessings. Where I live we have received 6% of average rainfall since the 1st of the year. Trees, shrubs, little animals? All dying.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:39 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,545,770 times
Ironically we have had very little rain for this time of year here in south Louisiana. As far as I can remember, spring here is always soaking wet. I haven't even had to cut the grass in three weeks. And what's even stranger is all of the flooding going on around the Mississippi, and we are dry as a bone here in Walker.

But yeah, my sister living in Schuyler county told me about all of the rain.

I saw that the Lake Champlain area has been having some flooding issues.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:49 PM

Its out of control. but then I look and see these terrible tornados out in the midwest and say rain isn't that bad

Old 05-25-2011, 07:53 AM

633 posts, read 1,950,505 times
I think one of the best things you can do is to start to monitor the weather. I started years back because I sail but these days with weather as crazy as it "currently" is I now look day at sites with radar and satellite feeds and predict my own weather.

Then you can start to look at earthquakes and volcanoes, nature is spectacular.

Here's a couple of my favorite sites. Always use the loop feature so you can see how its moving.

Weather
AccuWeather.com - Weather Radar | United States Weather Radar (http://www.accuweather.com/us/radar/sir/us_/radar.asp - broken link)

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...t=WEATHER&MR=1

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/trop-atl.html

Look at this pacific feed and tell me if you think we will have rain next week.
GOES West - Northeast Pacific AVN Color Imagery Loop (Flash) - Satellite Services Division/Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution

Intellicast, will time out just refresh the screen
Intellicast - Weather Active Map

Earthquakes
Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days

NASA site with multiple features
NASA Earth Observatory : Home

Enjoy your day and enjoy your weather.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:10 PM

961 posts, read 2,504,251 times
...The thought of yet another cloudless, sunny, warm day, here in upstate NY...I'm not sure I can
take it anymore........................................... ............seriously, planting has been tough in some fields, but as long as we have a good dry June/July....should be an excellent year for hay(in terms of bales/acre).

Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 PM

715 posts, read 2,510,020 times
Loving that ridge that extends from New Mexico and Arizona northward to Montana - should be here by Sunday / Monday....and bring with it near 90º temperatures for the NYC Metro.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:50 PM

yeah, finally!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: