Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2013, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,375 times

Advertisements

Okay so, currently I live in the hellhole that is Livingston, Texas but I am desperately looking to change that. I have relatives in Buffalo so New York is really where I want to be. I couldn't care less about being close to THE city I am looking for affordable housing as neither I nor my husband have been to college so we will be working in minimum wage jobs until we get that taken care of. Speaking of college it would be nice to have one in the area. Nothing major, I only plan to get abachelors in the medical field. Also, I am looking for a good school district because I have a little boy to look out for, he's only 3 though so cheap daycare or free preschool would be awesome. I would enjoy a town with at least some things to do but anything would honestly be better than Livingston where we only have a theater that plays 1 movie a week. People generally close to my age (20) would be a plus as well. And like I said before, AFFORDABLE as we will be moving from the other side of the US we wont have much in the way of funds when we arrive. Hopefully finding a job wont be too hard. I know this is a lot to ask for and I dont really expect a place to neet all the criteria but the more you know the more it can be narrowed down. Thank you so much in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and answer. -Angel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 05:06 AM

93,388 posts, read 124,009,048 times
If or once you get the job situation settled, you may be able to find at least a decent apartment in one of the Buffalo suburbs or perhaps even in an area of the city like North Buffalo. This could allow you to look into an academic program at colleges like Medaille or D'Youville.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:49 PM

129 posts, read 236,449 times
Affordable and New York? Ha. But it is possible to live on a fairly low budget in some places, if you look and are resourceful.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:08 AM

192 posts, read 375,987 times
Just remember what comes with low budget housing. GARBAGE!!! Riff Raff....

Make sure you're not jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 AM

93,388 posts, read 124,009,048 times
I also wonder what is considered "affordable" to the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: