Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 04:15 PM

275 posts, read 1,283,322 times

Advertisements

Hi, Have you guys heard about Ithaca East Apts (formerlly Maple hill apts) on Maple drive? Their website is Welcome | Ithaca East Apartments

It rent seems a little less expensive, considering its location close to Cornell University.

It is unfurnished, so how convenient is it to buy some basic furnitures like bed, matress, desk, chair? Whether they are new or used? I don't require luxury stuffs, such as sofa, TV, as I will only be a student there.

So anyone have heard about it and would like to comment? I am interested in their 2br and 3br apts.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 02:07 PM

2,171 posts, read 3,316,852 times
I'm not trying to give you a bad impression, but look up Corbin Whyte on Google. That might explain why the rent is less expensive compared to other nearby apartments.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:39 PM

275 posts, read 1,283,322 times
Thank you!

Was it an isolated accident, or is safety a fundamental problem of the apartments?

When it was called maple hill apts, they offered section-8-housing. So there were low-income tenants, some of which I guess might bring in risk to the the neighbourhood.

This year, the apt manager changed the apt name to Ithaca Hill. Their website has a notice that says welcome more Cornell graduate students and affiliates while allowing current residents to continue living there. So I wonder if the composition of the residents have changed towards a safe direction recently? Is there some way to find out if the apts still offer section-8-housing?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,975 times
Dear Reader:
I am the owner of Ithaca East Apartments. I have managed the property for forty years under State and Federal regulations, but our 40-year mortgage was recently paid off, setting us free from income restrictions. We are now in the process of establishing a university-friendly environment one mile from central campus and a half-mile from full-service shopping. We are currently renovating and renting 1,2,3,4-BR units for summer and fall 2015. One month's security deposit is required before occupancy, with first month rent required at move-in. Lease terms can be 10-12 months. Apartments are basically unfurnished, but limited basics can be provided at an additional charge. Units are now being painted and reappointed at a feverish rate for August occupancy. Please note that ALL UTILITIES are included in the rent, except Time Warner cable television. Regular bus to campus and beyond available hourly in front of the property. There is an on-site Laundry. As for security, we are an activist management that knows our tenants and our office is located on site. I can assure you that life at Ithaca East will be quiet, convenient, and free of stress.

Last edited by Marka; 06-21-2014 at 12:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: