Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2007, 04:05 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times

Advertisements

This evening I was eating dinner with my grandfather and two of his in-laws who have remained close to him after the death of his second wife.

He told them, "I really don't want to tell you this because I don't want you to get on to me about it."

And they sweetly said, "you can tell us anything and we won't fuss."

So he told us that early this morning, he had overslept a little, upon waking he saw his wife sleeping in the bed next to him. She got up and walked into the closet. --Without opening the door!

I've never heard him lie, or come up with anything of this nature. He's a devout old soul and not prone to indulge himself in the supernatural - other than God, of course.

He confessed that he might have been dreaming, but he felt like he was awake. He got up immediately and looked in the closet. She wasn't there.

The inlaws, who are equally devout, both smiled and started talking about who had dreamed of the late wife and who had not. It was all very sweet and ordinary. I guess that's what families are for.

Anyone have a similar experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 04:13 PM

942 posts, read 2,584,132 times
Default I believe its possible...

Yep, when I was a child my godfather dies when I was eleven. He is the only person I have ever seen after passing. I would see him constantly in my house and trying to communicate to me, my mom became very concerned and wanted to take me to a psychiatrist. It turns out one day he told me my mom had been in an accident and she had hurt her leg. Well about two hours latter my mom called me from the hospital; I told her mom are you ok?? I was kind of hyperventalating she said "yea why?" I told her what had happened and she said she was fine and to put my dad on. Well it turns out mom was at the hospital and had to have immediate knee surgery becuse she fell down the stairs at work. She never mentioned the psychiatrist again. As years went by the visits were more infrequent but still appear.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:34 PM

Location: Phoenix...until next week, then Maryland...tick tock tick tock
169 posts, read 607,872 times
Well, I believe this is totally possible, but my experience could be explained away. I swear I saw someone once, but it was in a crowded, busy place & it could've easily been wishful thinking on my part...but if it was, it was a strong enough "delusion" to take my breath away for a moment!

I would bet that your grandfather's wife did stop by for a little visit... "real" or imagined, it's still a gift to feel that person's presence when you've missed them so...

Old 06-22-2007, 05:07 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
My mother always told this story: when she was a teenager a woman came to her on several occasions; on one of these occasions the woman told her she loved my mother and was watching over her.

My mother repeated this to her grand-mother I believe, and found out for the first time that her mother had died when she was 3 months old, and that the woman she thought was her mother was really her aunt.

Whatever prescience I have is during my dreams.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:53 PM

942 posts, read 2,584,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
My mother always told this story: when she was a teenager a woman came to her on several occasions; on one of these occasions the woman told her she loved my mother and was watching over her.

My mother repeated this to her grand-mother I believe, and found out for the first time that her mother had died when she was 3 months old, and that the woman she thought was her mother was really her aunt.

Whatever prescience I have is during my dreams.
Trully amazing. I do think that people past somehow are able to protect us and let us know they are watching over us.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:22 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
Trully amazing. I do think that people past somehow are able to protect us and let us know they are watching over us.
Our little incident seems to harmonize with that in a mundane but fairly pronounced way.

Our refrigerator quit working last night and I had to ask my aunt (whose mother was my grandfather's second wife) to call a repairman since she knew who to call. This afternoon I spoke to her regarding the repair and she told me that my grandfather found an extended warranty that his wife had purchased a few years ago which covered the cost of the repair.

We both remarked that her mother was probably looking out for my grandfather, even then.

It wasn't until later that my grandfather told us his story.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:56 PM

550 posts, read 2,825,849 times
I had a spirit pass through me once. It was the freakiest thing I have ever felt. As it passed through my body it was really cold. I could feel how big it was and everything. Very cold right to my bones!

I see a lot of shapes around my house, out of the corner of my eye. Really freaks me out sometimes. I also swear there is something turning my front door light on. My son last night said "mom, did you turn the front light on?" when I said no he said "I know the light was off but now it's on". Must be true then!

I have a picture of what I think is a spirit but I can't figure out how to post pics. I did it once before by fluke! If I figure it out I will post it.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:10 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,767,542 times
I have heard many stories of people seeing gosts and I beleive them all.
My Dad just recently told me that a bunch of his relatives were at the family farm, his grandfather who was decreased, always sat in a rocker in the kitchen. Well 2 of his Uncles came out of the house speechless and said they saw their Dad (my Dad's grandfather) sitting in the rocker. Not one, but 2 people saw it....

Old 06-23-2007, 11:28 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,402,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
I have a picture of what I think is a spirit but I can't figure out how to post pics. I did it once before by fluke! If I figure it out I will post it.
I use photobucket.com - post it, copy the image link into your message. Easy.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:25 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
I use photobucket.com - post it, copy the image link into your message. Easy.
skoe

Don't post it. Delete the pic. Now. It's bad luck. Ouija board? Same idea...

One time, I was on Nantucket island, and I snapped a pic of another island not too distant out, and I thought I saw a silhouette of a person in the pic. But I didn't see anybody. I felt a chill, and it was quite warm at the time. I deleted the picture immediately, out of respect.

Also, I have a theory about ghosts. Not only spirits of dead people are ghosts, but also people who are alive. If you ever had an out-of-body experience, you'll understand what I mean. When I have an out-of-body experience, my spirit is technically a ghost because I'm separated from my body momentarily. So if I'm correct, then I know what it's like to be ghost. I know this sounds crazy, but that's what I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships