Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 07:16 PM

548 posts, read 891,101 times

Advertisements

I know I posted about this incident a few times since last year, but if anyone remembers I had spoken of my OLD ex best friend and how she hated my guts because I called her names n stuff.

Well after a whole year of not talking me except a few times on and off of me trying to reconnect with her, she shows up at my front door this morning!

I was like WTF. So her and I talked out on the porch and then hung out at the park and the mall talking about what each of us has been up too etc.

To me it just felt really weird to be around her again and tho we were having an alright good time me I just felt weird and anxious.

Like it didn't feel right type of feeling. I don't know IF I want to bring back the friendship even though I wanted it back and now I can have it back again I am not so sure if I want it or not.

Ugh I don't know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 08:19 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,623 times
If it just feels weird, then forget it. Tell her that you appreciate her stopping in, although you felt very weird hanging out and its best if you each go your own way.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Honestly right now there isn't much you can do, other than not having high expectations. It doesn't sound like you know where this path is going to go. There's no rush... just let things fall where they will.

Either way, at least it looks like this issue's been resolved (hopefully!) and you've got that kind of closure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
I know I posted about this incident a few times since last year, but if anyone remembers I had spoken of my OLD ex best friend and how she hated my guts because I called her names n stuff.

Well after a whole year of not talking me except a few times on and off of me trying to reconnect with her, she shows up at my front door this morning!

I was like WTF. So her and I talked out on the porch and then hung out at the park and the mall talking about what each of us has been up too etc.

To me it just felt really weird to be around her again and tho we were having an alright good time me I just felt weird and anxious.

Like it didn't feel right type of feeling. I don't know IF I want to bring back the friendship even though I wanted it back and now I can have it back again I am not so sure if I want it or not.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Well you went from not talking at all to shopping in the mall in just a few hours, of course that would feel weird. If you think you might want to re-connect, see her now and then and see if that feeling goes away or not. If it doesn't tell her you just can't do this, it isn't working. If you continue to feel better about it, then you have rekindled an old friendship.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 AM

69 posts, read 56,583 times
I was wondering if your old friend is still getting together with you?

Has the friendship returned to the same level as it was or have you decided to go your separate ways?

Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM

548 posts, read 891,101 times
Me and my friend have continued to hang out on and off a bit. And it feels ok but I'm getting tired of hearing about her worrying again and again hahaha. When I try telling her about a problem of mine she doesn't seem to care or listen haha.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
Calling people "names and stuff" is very juvenile. Why did you do it? You're a grown woman, not a 10 yr old. Apologize to her and move on......

Quote:
Some group therapy to learn how to get along with others? And I'm not being facetious or sarcastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships