Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:28 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
hahahahah, sitting next to the guy leaning on your shoulder and shouting in your ear how you should be best friends? Who Doesn't want to talk to that guy?
Or the one who tells you the stories of when he was in the military and how he worked for the CIA/Special Operations/Navy Seals and saved the country.

Or the one who goes on and on about how his wife left him ten years ago FOR NO REASON AT ALL...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,214,182 times
Default Rule of Thrumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
How do you feel about going into bars alone? I do this. For me that is the whole point of a bar kinda like Cheers. You feeling like not being by yourself, go to the bar, strike up conversation with Bartender, or other lonely patrons. In Manhattan, at certain times, it can be kinda of weird, which I think is wrong. These cliques have just taken over, and makes anyone alone look bad.

How do you feel about this? Do you go alone, or do you look funny at people who do?
No oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

The longer you stay at a bar, the prettier or handsomer they appear to be. No good will come of that.

Ever wake up and want to burn your clothes? Like that.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:16 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
No oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

The longer you stay at a bar, the prettier or handsomer they appear to be. No good will come of that.

Ever wake up and want to burn your clothes? Like that.

I think we're all guilty at one point in our lives to be talking to someone at a bar and order three quick shots because it's all you've got that night.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:07 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
No, I never go to bars alone. It is not safe or comfortable to me.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:13 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,434,030 times
I go alone , but it's almost always a sports bar. I am there to watch the game, look for other fans, enjoy the conversation. I am a big sports fan, so it is fine when I do this. Almost always enjoyable and I love talking other sports fans!

Old 12-29-2012, 05:19 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,478 times
Before I quit drinking for the 557th time this past September, I used to go to bars alone. The bars here are mellow and I never had any trouble.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:25 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
No.

I don't like bars, and "great bars, man" is like nails on a chalkboard for me (another thread where I got into an argument).

I have gone to pubs that have food. There is one along an interstate route between 2 major cities that I like. I'll get a burger, or fish and chips, and then either have a Coke (refillable) or a mixed drink (just one). The people in this particular place tend to be locals/regulars, so I have gotten into conversations with them. There was NO ulterior motive and these seemed like normal people with boring to normal lives, so that's why I was willing to converse.

So, bars, no. Pubs with food, yes.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:43 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
No.

I don't like bars, and "great bars, man" is like nails on a chalkboard for me (another thread where I got into an argument).

I have gone to pubs that have food. There is one along an interstate route between 2 major cities that I like. I'll get a burger, or fish and chips, and then either have a Coke (refillable) or a mixed drink (just one). The people in this particular place tend to be locals/regulars, so I have gotten into conversations with them. There was NO ulterior motive and these seemed like normal people with boring to normal lives, so that's why I was willing to converse.

So, bars, no. Pubs with food, yes.
Nothing like a good pub burger.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:32 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nothing like a good pub burger.
Yes, especially well done, and stuffed with swiss cheese, avocado and mushrooms!

Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
How do you feel about going into bars alone? I do this. For me that is the whole point of a bar kinda like Cheers. You feeling like not being by yourself, go to the bar, strike up conversation with Bartender, or other lonely patrons. In Manhattan, at certain times, it can be kinda of weird, which I think is wrong. These cliques have just taken over, and makes anyone alone look bad.

How do you feel about this? Do you go alone, or do you look funny at people who do?
I agree with you. I also go alone man. Sometimes I might go with my brother or his friends, but I go alone a lot. I like that feeling of being mysterious and talking to different people from all walks of life. It's a lot better than always going with the same people and never meeting new people or hearing new stories. I actually learn things sometimes going alone more than being with a specific group of tha same ol' friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships