Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 PM

226 posts, read 615,070 times

Advertisements

This is a different guy I am talking about, but this guy I know, I like him and he always seemed to like me, but he also (like my other guy friend) distance himself from me. So, I texted him to see how he is, and such and it was very short. He seemed kinda rude through texting, so then around 6am I woke up to 2 texts and they were stupid, it said "I'm going to be late for work, Cause my gram is working 10-4:30 and I don't want my grand father driving 8 times to Plantersville and back to Pinemont." "You need steering fluid" and then an hour later he sent this text "You are not Bill" So I just sent "Lol" But it's weird. I don't believe in "accidental" texting, cause he has the newest phone out, and with androids the phone number appears underneath the name. Also My name is Sara and it's nowhere near Bill...clearly, lol.

Do guys do that accidental texting for attention or something? I mean it could have been a legit mistake, but I highly doubt it, cause like I said I don't know how he would get me mixed up with his boss Bill?

What do you think? What's your take on it? Is he looking for attention? Did you ever do that to someone you liked? You "accidentally texted them? lol. I am just curious, cause it's kinda odd to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 09:40 PM

185 posts, read 242,114 times
He probably doesn't have your # saved, sometimes it can take me month and months before I actually bother to add a # to my contacts. If it were all part of some weird scheme to get your attention he probably would have followed up texting with you after you replied. And hey, aren't you 25?

Old 04-02-2014, 10:38 PM

226 posts, read 615,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennValleyDuuude View Post
He probably doesn't have your # saved, sometimes it can take me month and months before I actually bother to add a # to my contacts. If it were all part of some weird scheme to get your attention he probably would have followed up texting with you after you replied. And hey, aren't you 25?
Yeah, but we were texting the day before, and even if he didn't have my number saved, I mean you could still see the last text someone sent you, so obviously the last text wouldn't be something his boss would say, lol. But yeah he didn't reply after I said "lol" I just didn't know if guys did it for attention, well I guess I am stupid for posting this. I'm 21. He's 27.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:44 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,877,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
This is a different guy I am talking about, but this guy I know, I like him and he always seemed to like me, but he also (like my other guy friend) distance himself from me. So, I texted him to see how he is, and such and it was very short. He seemed kinda rude through texting, so then around 6am I woke up to 2 texts and they were stupid, it said "I'm going to be late for work, Cause my gram is working 10-4:30 and I don't want my grand father driving 8 times to Plantersville and back to Pinemont." "You need steering fluid" and then an hour later he sent this text "You are not Bill" So I just sent "Lol" But it's weird. I don't believe in "accidental" texting, cause he has the newest phone out, and with androids the phone number appears underneath the name. Also My name is Sara and it's nowhere near Bill...clearly, lol.

Do guys do that accidental texting for attention or something? I mean it could have been a legit mistake, but I highly doubt it, cause like I said I don't know how he would get me mixed up with his boss Bill?

What do you think? What's your take on it? Is he looking for attention? Did you ever do that to someone you liked? You "accidentally texted them? lol. I am just curious, cause it's kinda odd to me.
... if you don't believe in "accidental" texting, then does it really matter the ulterior motive of someone who's texting you under the guise of "accidental" texting? Just dismiss it and move on. If anything, you sound extremely desperate and needy for attention. Seriously, stop over-analyzing like this. If a guy likes a girl, he'll go out his way to let her know.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:03 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,537,988 times
Quote:
Do guys do that accidental texting for attention or something?
Speaking as the mother of two sons and the sister of four brothers:
No, they don't. Never. Never, ever.

And if I tried to tell them that some girl/woman thinks they might do so - well, that would be beyond their comprehension, they'd think I'd gone off the rail.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:55 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Quote:

What do you think? What's your take on it?
I think you're reading way too much into it and should probably expand your social horizons and find more to do rather than devoting time and energy to such mundanities.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:40 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,766,193 times
x 2 on what Biscuit mom said. Guys don't play phone games. Let it go, if he wants you, he'll let you know.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:51 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,810,713 times
So you're saying some girls do this? If some girls do this I'm sure some guys do.

In this case, no, sounds like a legit mistake.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:26 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
Us guys are so into messing with women that we text them about grandpa and grandma and steering fluid just to keep them on their toes!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:30 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
If he has the newest phone, does that mean, he just got it? He might have just put the wrong name to the number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships