Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 07:10 AM

3 posts, read 2,312 times

Advertisements

what if your an adult who still lives at home, and your siblings harass you but you did nothing. mom just stands there and does nothing, does not kick out the sibling but acts like she scared to. my brother does drugs and watches YouTube all day, he does not work. what can i do, he wont shut up but he thinks he runs things and i don't know why hes doing that. even with out drugs he still was like this but not as aggressive, i dont get it, but what can i do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 07:17 AM

8,153 posts, read 8,354,049 times
whats your situation? How old are you? Are you a student or do you work?

Old 07-23-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
whats your situation? How old are you? Are you a student or do you work?
i was trying to a school that will accept my challenge, i am 20 and looking for my next job . its hard to concentrate when some one is bothering you like him.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:26 AM

8,153 posts, read 8,354,049 times
that means you are both home all day?
You need to find a way to be out of the house a whole lot.
Is there a community center where you can go to the gym or enroll in any kinds of activities? Can you volunteer at the Library?

If you are just hanging at home all the time you are going to continue to have this brother problem

Old 07-23-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
that means you are both home all day?
You need to find a way to be out of the house a whole lot.
Is there a community center where you can go to the gym or enroll in any kinds of activities? Can you volunteer at the Library?

If you are just hanging at home all the time you are going to continue to have this brother problem
i dont sit at home all day, but when i come there its that crap he puts me trough

Old 07-23-2014, 06:55 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
You can get a job or volunteer somewhere.

Grocery stores often are looking for baggers.

You can volunteer at your local library, zoo, or museum.

When you are home, where headphones and ignore your sibling. Go for a walk to a park.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:41 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Do whatever you can to avoid him, stay in your room as much as you can when you are there with the door locked.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:08 AM

774 posts, read 1,857,712 times
Default Every human being needs safety

Every human being deserves and needs safety.

It's also extremely important for every human being to learn how to love them self completely.
You're no exception.
you don't deserve the crap you're going through.

I think you need an advocate.
You found this website ... keep searching the web and find someone in your area that helps handicaped and mentally or emotionally, or cognitively challenged people get their own residence.
  • Yes you CAN go to school.
  • Yes you can go to college.
  • Yes you can find work
  • You can have friends
  • You can have a love relationship
The Center for Independent Living is excellent. I don't know if there's one in your area, but find one and call them ... regardless which state their in, and ask for advice.
(There's a great one in Berkeley, California.)

Your mom sounds like she's overwhelmed and overstressed. She probably is not in the mental space to provide good boundaries for the home. So ... this is like life giving you a wake-up call ... go out and live it.

Last edited by veganwriter; 07-24-2014 at 05:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships