Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 09:29 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

It is your choice to say nothing but don't expect your alleged friends to say anything if you don't.

Next time flat out ask them if they are jealous of your nappy head, ask them if they are jealous of you in general and that is why they think it is funny to insult you.
Then shake your head and walk out without a response, go to your room, go for a walk, do something but ignore them after that.
You are being bullied in your own home because you are continuing to allow it to happen. Find a new place to live, find actual friends but fight your own battles with calm assertive questions not screaming insults back at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 09:37 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Its not my home, its a homeless shelter. This woman, Im not friends with her, I dont know her and she doesnt know me. These other people reinforcing her, Im not friends with either but I was on good terms with.

Its difficult to not be around them particularly on weekends when people stay in for a while. All I can do is not speak to them when in the same space. I cant throw them out. I just look defeated to these people all because I didnt continue arguing with her or called her names in return or punched her in the mouth. Thats the type of stuff these people admire.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:55 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
That might be what they admire, but you're better off not to get into ridiculous fights. Taking the high road is a lot better than sitting around arguing with random people. There may be people there who see you as the better person for not sinking to that level. They are the ones I'd associate with. And focus on people on the outside who can point you the right way to help you out of the cycle you're in. Good luck to you!

Old 10-12-2014, 10:57 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,783 times
The attitude that makes you not respond at their level and not throw insults back is the attitude that will get you out of that shelter and on to a better life. Stay strong and walk away.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:31 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Its not my home, its a homeless shelter. This woman, Im not friends with her, I dont know her and she doesnt know me. These other people reinforcing her, Im not friends with either but I was on good terms with.

Its difficult to not be around them particularly on weekends when people stay in for a while. All I can do is not speak to them when in the same space. I cant throw them out. I just look defeated to these people all because I didnt continue arguing with her or called her names in return or punched her in the mouth. Thats the type of stuff these people admire.
Why do you care what random strangers think of you? You are taking the high (and safe) ground by not arguing. In the end, arguing back won't mean anything.

You need to focus your energy on changing your situation.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:46 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
How best am I to deal with this because now people aren't talking to me and it's like they agree with her insulting me.
This story sounds a little one-sided. Care to share what you said prior to this "crazy lady" name calling you?

Old 10-12-2014, 12:15 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
Maybe it's just that good old mob mentality. I have a neighbor who spreads all kinds of oddball rumors about me. She's very skilled at making people miserable. I'm just her most convenient target.

I am one of those "wish bone" people. I have no idea how to respond in my situation either. I don't respond at all, actually.

Now that I'm starting to toughen up I see my neighbor has some real serious mental issues. And I guess it's just human nature for the other neighbors to believe her as I make no effort to know them and have no desire to, believe me. Not even for self-preservation purposes!

Old 10-12-2014, 02:41 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Sounds like you need new friends.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:04 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
And you hang around with these people because...... ?????
Exactly!!

Old 10-12-2014, 04:01 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:

The best revenge is living well. Do what you need to do to get yourself out of that place. Ignore those people and focus on making a better life for yourself. That will speak more loudly than anything you could say to her/them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships