Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 11:50 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,804 times

Advertisements

OP to scared to just say "no"? Its a valuable skill you should learn it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 01:05 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
this seems to work, without deception and to the point

"what is wrong with you?? I told you not to call anymore... go f--- yourself !!!

Old 11-07-2014, 04:16 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,483,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
OP to scared to just say "no"? Its a valuable skill you should learn it.
When "no" fails, resort to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
This seems to work wonders on the people who keep trying to email or text you to meet you or talk to you on the phone and don't seem to take "no" for an answer and/or you don't feel like offending them by telling them no. If you're a woman, I guess this can be a rather effective way to deflect a guy who keeps trying to ask you out on a date. Or in my case, I've deflected a friend who is also a salesperson and has been persistently emailing me to buy his product in the last few days.. I sent him this reply and so far, no response in about a week!

Tell them something along these lines:

Don't say something negative, it makes them feel you're purposely avoiding them. Use this and make them feel you're really busy and are desperately trying to find time in your schedule. Avoid directly telling them you're "busy".. most people know you're making up some BS excuse to avoid them.

Pretend you're the CEO of a company and you have mandatory 18 hour meetings scheduled in the next 5 days and your company is doomed if you don't attend them. And the man/woman of your dreams is asking you out.. what would you do?
*Kicks 2089 out*. (Whoosh.. *slam*)

Come back after you've reread.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:55 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
Ladies, I'm sure you know, we must think before we reject as there are some guys out there who like to get even when rejected possibly resulting in causing harm. I also believe in being truthful but measure and consider your words and their receiver. This can be particularly tricky in the workplace!

Old 11-07-2014, 05:18 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
This seems to work wonders on the people who keep trying to email or text you to meet you or talk to you on the phone and don't seem to take "no" for an answer and/or you don't feel like offending them by telling them no. If you're a woman, I guess this can be a rather effective way to deflect a guy who keeps trying to ask you out on a date. Or in my case, I've deflected a friend who is also a salesperson and has been persistently emailing me to buy his product in the last few days.. I sent him this reply and so far, no response in about a week!

Tell them something along these lines:

Don't say something negative, it makes them feel you're purposely avoiding them. Use this and make them feel you're really busy and are desperately trying to find time in your schedule. Avoid directly telling them you're "busy".. most people know you're making up some BS excuse to avoid them.

Pretend you're the CEO of a company and you have mandatory 18 hour meetings scheduled in the next 5 days and your company is doomed if you don't attend them. And the man/woman of your dreams is asking you out.. what would you do?
What's wrong with just telling them no? I don't like playing games with people and screwing with their heads. If I don't want to talk to them, I tell them I'm not interested/don't want to talk to them/don't want to buy their crap, etc. . . This goes double for missionaries.

It's an interesting coincidence that I'm reading this thread today, in fact. My girlfriend and I were having a garage sale this morning, and we had hit the really slow spot and decided to close up. Just as we were putting the last of the remaining items in the garage, two Mormon missionaries rode up on their bikes. We both said to each other, "Uh oh." So on the pretense of looking at the sale they came in the garage and talked and talked to us, first about the sale, and then trying to convert us, of course. She is much nicer and more diplomatic than me, and I became very tired of playing the nice game with these clowns after entertaining them for 20 minutes. First I suggested we go pick the signs up and my girlfriend didn't take the bait. She actually thought if she was nice to them they would leave us alone to go on about our day Then I told them we were a different religion, then when that didn't work, I told them we weren't interested in becoming Mormon and I promptly shut the garage door down in front of them and locked it. That did the trick

Old 11-08-2014, 11:49 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
Here is my take on this post.

If I was dealing with someone who would not take no for an answer, then the next thing I would say is this...

What part of no do you 1) not want to understand or 2) not want to get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships