Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 07:13 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,439 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for birthday gift ideas for a guy friend I adore. He's turning 35.

He's techy, a programmer, likes working out and brainy things like rubik's cube, also manly things like tools (he does Habitat For Humanity and likes fixing things around the house, good with his hands, building/inventing things - he built his own lighted alarm clock, for example). Hes an Aquarius. He wants a PS4 but that aint gonna be useful fir him to do nothin' but play video games. He plays guitar.

Any ideas? I have 40 days and a frugal budget.

My ideas so far:

- Nike Fuelband

- Lululemon men's training duffel bag

- Men's toiletries bag

- ???

- 4x4 rubik's cube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 07:45 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
Check out the a site Think Geek. Lots of cool stuff!

Old 01-05-2015, 09:59 PM

130 posts, read 163,380 times
I would suggest DealeXtreme - Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - DX Free Shipping Worldwide. Cheaper than Think Geek. And, Uncommongoods.com

Old 01-05-2015, 10:20 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,841,613 times
You can never go wrong with a gift card of his favorite store or just amazon gift card where he can find a lot of variety. With so many choices & different features, upgrades its difficult to decide what would someone really want. So i just give out gift cards.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:00 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,059,991 times
-Drill set
-Nike pants & matching sweatpants
-Perhaps something (like a part) for his computer

Old 01-06-2015, 11:41 AM

30,548 posts, read 16,240,407 times
a basic recipe book

Old 01-06-2015, 02:09 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Have you got a job and left the homeless shelter now?

Old 01-07-2015, 07:25 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,649,548 times
Do you have any inside jokes? You could use that to make a personalized sign, like this:
Personalized Reserved For You Street Sign - Birthday Gifts

or something more general, if he digs beef jerky, and it's just kind of silly:

Bacon Jerkygram | Man Crates

I'm a chick, but ALL of my friends, even just acquaintances (except one) are men, and we're not all joined at the hip by any means, but I always appreciate my male relationships in any form because they just "get me" and are easier to communicate with, even just phone/email once in a while, so I think I understand where you're coming from.

I think anything silly/funny that you can tie in with an inside joke is always good. Keeps things light, and it wouldn't be something he'd get for himself, but that would remind him of you and kind of laugh when he sees it. I think humor is supreme

This is another good one, if you have silly nicknames or like a common thing that is funny, or a certain word that cracks you both up (inside joke thing again): Personalized Men's Ties - Repeating Name - Birthday Gifts

Or things like these:
http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-M...+socks+for+men

http://www.amazon.com/K-Bell-Socks-M...1AXZSX5NJSEQRK

OR, if you want to go classier (I wouldn't blame you)! do SOMETHING funny, like a card that says, "HAPPY 40TH!!!" and write a "sympathy note" inside, but get another, regular, nice card, too. I once got three cards for a guy friend. It was a hit! Good luck~~~

Old 01-08-2015, 07:05 PM

587 posts, read 916,307 times
A nice night out on the town! When in doubt, food.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:02 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I'm looking for birthday gift ideas for a guy friend I adore. He's turning 35.

He's techy, a programmer, likes working out and brainy things like rubik's cube, also manly things like tools (he does Habitat For Humanity and likes fixing things around the house, good with his hands, building/inventing things - he built his own lighted alarm clock, for example). Hes an Aquarius. He wants a PS4 but that aint gonna be useful fir him to do nothin' but play video games. He plays guitar.

Any ideas? I have 40 days and a frugal budget.

My ideas so far:

- Nike Fuelband

- Lululemon men's training duffel bag

- Men's toiletries bag

- ???

- 4x4 rubik's cube
Sounds like you are crushing on him.

Careful, your gift can change everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships