Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 01:30 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times

Advertisements

Sorry OP but you didn't stand your ground! You led him on by pretending to enter his number in your phone! It was weak of you. Standing your ground would've required you to look him straight in the eye and say; "I'm just not interested, thank you."

As to your answer to WHY he didn't get the first three hints....simply because 99 no's and one yes is still a YES!

Trust me, girls do this too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 01:46 PM

185 posts, read 184,916 times
You really lost your chance here. If nobody was guarding the truck full of cash? You could have distracted him while your crew nets the stash in the truck. Mwahaha.

Just kidding, folks! But, it crossed my mind. This would be easier than the well-coordinated heist in The Italian Job.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:50 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Hi y'all,

Today I went into work at my library job and started emptying the book box. I wasn't in on Friday (I went into work on Thursday instead) because I had an interview for a 2nd job. Well, the book box was full and I noticed someone dug through it and created an avalanche. I had my phone to take a picture to show my boss because someone did something wrong over the weekend.

Every few weeks a money truck comes into the place I work. The library is within a township building. The one that always sits shot gun in the truck is the one that goes in the building. He always talks to me when he sees me. It's innocuous, except the last time I saw him a few weeks ago (refer to: Some funny thoughts).

So today I was sifting through the mess and he starts talking to me after delivering the money. It was innocent enough - he asked me what else I did besides the library. I said I was a writer. He starts getting more personal, I'm not really answering because I don't want to tell this guy any more than I'm a writer, and then my boss comes in. I'm glad for that because I wanted to break conversation and I asked her something. However, she answered my question and walked away. The guy then asks me for my phone number. I told him no. He just said, "Oh c'mon. I want your number." I told him no. I told him no three more times and said I don't give out my number to people. He proceeded to give me his number. I took out my phone like I was typing it and said I got it. I didn't write it down... but he thought I did and he left.

When I got done book box duty my boss asked me what happened. I told her and she said, "Yeah, I'm glad you said no. I'm glad you finally learned to say no. Although he works for security, that doesn't mean he's without issues. And it was very strange, especially since you told him no three times." I replied to her and my other older co-worker (that co-worker is 75), "I've learned in the past 6 months that if someone can't take no as an answer, they don't have my best interest in mind. I'm very leery of people who can't take no for an answer." They just shook their heads, though the older one said: "not always. Some are just persistent. However, if they're acting strange, that's true."

I just don't understand why men can't take no as an answer. :\
Why would you do that? I was rooting for you the whole way until you decided to fake writing his number down...just stick to your guns and tell him no, not interested.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:53 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times
Quote:
Yeah, I said no to that too and he kept going. So I just said, "Okay, let me write it down." I didn't of course.

My goal is to move out of my area. I don't want to get involved with people romantically here. Also, I'm not really attracted to men. I wouldn't mind being friends with people... but romanice is a no go. I've also had bad experiences with people.

But, I don;t like being pestered either. I guess some people do think persistence pays off. ::shrug::

Why bend and pretend? Just say no or ignore his further advances. You really think he's going to leave you alone now that HE THINKS you have his number? Bad move on your part.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:09 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,623,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Why bend and pretend? Just say no or ignore his further advances. You really think he's going to leave you alone now that HE THINKS you have his number? Bad move on your part.
Yeah, I realized that afterwards. He kept going and I wasn't sure what else to do. He just kept asking and then when I said no to taking his number, he kept asking and making a big deal out of it. I just wasn't sure what to do. To end the situation, I just faked taking it down. I probably should have just walked away and called my supervisor again. When I see him again, I'll stand firm and say no and I will report him for harassment. Then get my supervisor.

Oh, the money vehicle wasn't unguarded. There is a driver, which the driver stays in the money truck, then someone who sits shot gun. The guy harassing me sits shot gun. The driver times the guy harassing me, I'm sure.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:47 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasDeDeux View Post
You really lost your chance here. If nobody was guarding the truck full of cash? You could have distracted him while your crew nets the stash in the truck. Mwahaha.

Just kidding, folks! But, it crossed my mind. This would be easier than the well-coordinated heist in The Italian Job.
So if she baited him so to allow her crew to rob the truck, what's that make her?
Oh heck, I'm in the wrong forum..... apologies...

Attempted humor turned off... we now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast....

Old 04-01-2015, 03:54 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Be yourself, and don't pretend to take his number next time. He needs to know that no means no all the time, even when you are just refusing to give him your number. As far as understanding men, this is just one man.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:56 PM

I just seem to attract guys who can't take no as an answer. It's funny, before I figured out I was asexual and listened to society that told me to go after guys - I did just that and only had two exes. They turned out to be psycho and verbally abusive. After soul searching and realizing what I want and that I am not attracted to men, I've been okay with myself. Now it seems like when I finally learn who I am and am myself, it attracts people. Just crazy people.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:36 PM

914 posts, read 766,191 times
Quote:
I just seem to attract guys who can't take no as an answer. It's funny, before I figured out I was asexual and listened to society that told me to go after guys - I did just that and only had two exes. They turned out to be psycho and verbally abusive. After soul searching and realizing what I want and that I am not attracted to men, I've been okay with myself. Now it seems like when I finally learn who I am and am myself, it attracts people. Just crazy people.
You've already solved your own problem. You don't need sex or relationships, thus there's no need to figure out the opposite sex, just do you boo.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
You've already solved your own problem. You don't need sex or relationships, thus there's no need to figure out the opposite sex, just do you boo.
That's true. I guess I just don't understand men when they keep trying. Hopefully this one will get the hint sooner than later.

Sometimes I do get into weird situations - I don't mind being friends with guys, but some guys think it'll eventually turn into more. I know now that I can't explain asexuality because some laugh it off and say that doesn't exist. Some just moved on and now dating someone else (though those that moved on, they ended the friendship). I've wondered if men and women can truly be friends or not. In my experiences, most of the time I found it to be a no. I do have some guy friends in other states and one from college still,but they seemed to be the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships