Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 02:04 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,697,478 times

Advertisements

This is a "sequel" to the complaint about my nurse, it's not really a complaint about my social worker, im just getting irritated with her. however, compared to the nurse at least she has a lot more heart

The good stuff about her--she tipped me off last year when i was feeling nauseous and fatigued to the idea of paratransit services which i now have. whenever i don't want to drive i simply reserve a ride and pay the cost of a transit fare. i can take this to the clinic or to work, etc. she doesn't even remember telling me about this service. she also is eager to set me up in appointments, she set me up in an appt to see a nutritionist who was GREAT and actually helped me start eating again

heres the annoying stuff tho. we're both social workers. maybe she doesn't want a client who is a social worker I don't know. I think we're also of the same ethnic background which often tends to look down on males of a certain age who aren't married and live alone and want to be alone. since i started treatment almost 18 months ago shes been trying constantly to get me to make an appt with the psychiatrist. a few weeks ago when i was stressed out she scheduled an appt for me to see the psychiatrist next month. thinking about it a week later i started to feel manipulated into seeing the psychiatrist. she made an appt for me because it was the only one available, others were all booked up. the thing is ive never once expressed the need to see a psychiatrist and ive never complained about life living alone and having cancer. ive been alone all my life. just about the only thing i have going are occasional flashes of nausea and panic attacks . never been suicidal ever in my life nor anything else that would need psychiatric care

she also reminds me of my mom who when she was almost 50 decided she wanted a personality overhaul. the result was not something i liked. too much flamboyant chatter with a tendency to speak before thinking. once or twice last year she alluded to my being "crazy" or 'we're all crazy" which irritated me but i just took it ignorance or just not understanding a male who lives alone

about an hour ago she left a message on my voice mail telling me that she hopes im OK.

its like she makes me feel pitied.

any comments about this one now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 02:11 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,139,423 times
You are kidding, right? Your social worker has the time to do her job correctly (so often we hear how overworked they are, that things get missed), and you have the GALL to complain??

She calls to check in on you and you are irritated?!?!??!

She is likely referring you to a psychiatrist because you have cancer and that is a trying time for ANYONE. It has nothing to do about complaining about your situation or suicidal thoughts. She knows you live alone and feels it would be beneficial to talk to someone.

Personally, I'd recommend you to one because your post makes you sound nutty. Get a grip.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:14 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
You are kidding, right? Your social worker has the time to do her job correctly (so often we hear how overworked they are, that things get missed), and you have the GALL to complain??

She calls to check in on you and you are irritated?!?!??!

She is likely referring you to a psychiatrist because you have cancer and that is a trying time for ANYONE. It has nothing to do about complaining about your situation or suicidal thoughts. She knows you live alone and feels it would be beneficial to talk to someone.

Personally, I'd recommend you to one because your post makes you sound nutty. Get a grip.
I wouldn't claim the OP is nutty, but the rest of this post is spot-on. You have nothing to lose OP. Accept help when offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships