Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 10:47 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times

Advertisements

I don't think it's rude at all I think it's funny. I wouldn't do it though because people are crazy.

The slob is the rude one.

I do say things all the time now. though if they affect ME. Yesterday in the McDonalds's drive thru I'm waiting to be handed my soda and the girl COUGHS right on the thing while putting the lid on. Right out into the open air. Didn't even turn her head.

I said: OH WAIT. You cough on my soda???? I bet you expect 15 per hour, too?

And drove away.

OVER IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 10:50 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,217,290 times
Of course everyone should wash their hands. However if for some reason I did not and some loud mouth decided to call me out I would have a quick nasty reply to them.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:59 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
I wonder if women are just as guilty of this as men?
as I wrote before, woman are guilty, absolutely but in a discussion, at work, one man told me that we'd be shocked at how many men do not wash their hands....

Old 05-22-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
I personally would never say anything, but am okay with people saying it. The guy's right. I just don't care enough.

What's worse is people who cough and sneeze in their hands.
I wouldn't say it's worse, but just as sloppy and non-caring

Old 05-22-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I'd probably just think it wasn't any of my business, wash my hands like I always do, and leave.

As to my thoughts, I agree in principle with the person berating the person for having dirty hands and potentially getting his waste on everyone else's hands who touch the handle. Yet I have little to worry about because I either use my knuckles to push the door, or the piece of paper towel while drying, to pull it open.
I have also learned that many people just don't give a flip, so taking your time to tell them something will likely just be ignored.

`
I don't think so....they might act like it doesn't faze them, but believe me, next time, they will know that people are watching...it's time to embarrase people and let them know that certain behaviors are unacceptable...and these are some of them....

Old 05-22-2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
They are, however, my germs, I'm quite accustomed to them, and they will make their way to some orifice of my body over the course of the day regardless of whether I washed my hands that particular time.

I've been in washrooms myself where I dared touch nothing in the room. Heck, I've seen a couple that I dared not even enter.

I never touch the restroom door handle whether I wash my hands or not--if it opens out, I'll push it open with my elbow or hip. If it opens in, I'll use a paper towel or napkin or the corner of my coat. I never touch a knob or handle with my bare hand in a restroom. If I can't use an elbow, that will be an occasion that I leave without washing.

Tests have revealed that every surface in a public restroom is already as nasty as hell.
and why would that be?

because people urinate in bathrooms where germs breed....like on your hands after you do so....
what are your germs are everyone else's after you do so....so we get to have a say...

Old 05-22-2015, 06:10 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and why would that be?
A. Because of you. You did your business, which by your own admission left your hands filthy. Then you put your filthy hands on the sink handles and transferred your germs to the handles. You washed your hands--maybe effectively, maybe not--but at what point did those handles get sanitized? You made the handles filthy yourself. Why would I want to touch them and get your nasty germs? I'm not going to get sick from my germs, I'm going to get sick from your germs.

B. Because merely flushing the urinals and toilets create a mist of urine and fecal matter throughout the room, blanketing every surface. It happens in your own bathroom, too. If your toothbrush and face cloth are in the same room as the toilet, they and every surface in the room is touched by the foul mist generated by your toilet. That's been noted in several tests.

Quote:
because people urinate in bathrooms where germs breed....like on your hands after you do so....
what are your germs are everyone else's after you do so....so we get to have a say...
I don't touch anything in a public restroom with my hands that I can't touch uniquely. I make a practice of washing my hands as long as that requires touching nothing with my hands but a throwaway towel. In most modern restrooms, that's not a problem--devices are motion-sensitive or have lever handles I can move with my elbows.

But in some old-style restrooms such as in truck stops--where they only have knobs--I don't touch them. If I can't wash my hands without touching the knobs, I clean my hands when I get back to my car.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 05-22-2015 at 06:41 AM..

Old 05-22-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Of course everyone should wash their hands. However if for some reason I did not and some loud mouth decided to call me out I would have a quick nasty reply to them.
Wrong, if someone calls you out, I commend them...b/c what we do publically can effect others.

I have MS, therefore, I am immune deficient....and love to go to public places just as much as anyone else. However, I always have to worry, about getting sick due to the neglegence of others...and when I get sick, it always turns into something way more serious then the average person.

Just like at work, when people's little kids become little walking bacterias...b/c they refuse to keep the kids home when their sick.

You have no idea what it's like and how tuned into coughs you become when you know, you could come down with something, that is not just a cold, but broncitis, or something even more cronic.

So, yes, it is high time people start calling other people out for inappropriate behavior, b/c Americans have lost the concept of what you do, what you say and how you act, can strongly effect a vast number of others....in a very negative way.

My mother had a very bad lung disease, and we asked people not to come to the house, when they were sick, b/c it could kill her...she was in her 90's, yet, people would not listen??? They just didn't care, so I started calling them out and telling them...."didn't we ask you not to come around if you were sick?" I do the same thing with family b/c of my MS. There are people out there in society that are immune difficent, and if you touch a stair rail, and then they come along and touch it, the bacteria you leave behind could strongly effect another.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:21 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I then I would have countered that, by saying don't worry, I'm not touching your ugly arse anytime time soon anyway, so get over it and mind your effin business.

i tell ya, us brooklyn folk.....
I would counter that you don't have to touch my pretty arse and wouldn't want your nasty arse to touch me in the first place since you can't do a proper thing such as washing your hands. If you don't like that I would say something to you about it then too bad. Also you brooklyn folks ain't all that sorry to tell ya.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:28 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
1. How do you turn the water off?

2. What if someone else grabs your paper towel?

Finally...have you truly witnessed guys taking a dump in public restrooms? Most stalls have doors for privacy so you have no idea what they are doing. Do you go from stall to stall policing the occupants?
I turn the water off by using the paper towel. How would someone else grab my paper towel out of my hand? I never said I sat there and watched someone take a dump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships