Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 06:29 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times

Advertisements

You, picklejuice, are the best parent I know!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 09:07 AM

35,077 posts, read 31,313,313 times
I always remember a couple of my teachers in high school sticking up for me when I was made fun of by other classmates. They were excellent folks.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:24 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,832,373 times
A friend's mom once told me I had a "peaches and cream" complexion. That always stuck with me, but I never really understood it until I had kids. Several of them have the same beautiful skin.

Now I'm older and my skin looks like crap, but it was nice while it lasted lol

Old 06-08-2015, 09:41 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
My husband and I were at a Disney waterpark waiting in line for the park to open, and the couple in front of us were having a loud argument, and their kid was crying. He had forgotten his goggles at the hotel, and the dad was going to buy him some new ones. the mom was angry because it was going to cost them another $20 for something the kid already had, and he should have been responsible enough to remember them (kid was about 8yo). My husband had a brand-new pair of goggles and he just handed them to the kid, who looked up at my husband like he was an angel. The mom looked like she was going to take them away, and I smiled and said, "He gave them to him. It solves the problem, and you are on vacation. Now go enjoy it."

Old 06-08-2015, 09:57 AM

162 posts, read 213,218 times
Several years ago I worked a job that required me to drive from site to site. I stopped at a gas station to put air in my tire because is was low. The tire popped most likely due to me over inflating it. I'm sure I was near tears. A man with a pick up truck came over and changed my tire for me. It was such a huge relief not to have to do in myself in my work clothes.

Another time, same car. My car stopped running in the middle of an 8 lane highway. It was all I could do to get it to the side of the road. This was pre-cell phone days, so I started walking toward a gas station when a woman stopped and offered a ride. She, with her son in the back, took me home.

Love this thread!

Old 06-09-2015, 12:54 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Okay here goes : It was Christmas eve and im sitting in an airport and trying to rent a car to get to my bf's parents home for Christmas , well every car in the free world was rented and the snow was coming down really hard . I was trying to get to clear river Nebraska where his parents were living . I was almost in tears . I had saved my money and I had eaten the last peanut butter sandwich I had made .Well this very nice man came up to me and let me see his id and every thing and said he was renting a car and it was there for him to use turns out he was headed in my direction and he could give me a lift . I was almost in tears I was broke , tired and hungry and I must have looked awful when he dropped me off at the end of my bfs parents driveway . I never caught that mans name nor I have ever seen him again and if he is still alive God look out for him and please bless him everyday for me .

Old 06-10-2015, 05:00 PM

33 posts, read 103,424 times
Few years back in a particular hard day at work I was kinda "ordering" people around, so this junior workmate came, he said "We don't mind you being strict today since your eyes are smiling"

Old 06-11-2015, 02:20 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Just a couple years back i was sitting at a restaurant alone eating dinner. I think it was either Christmas eve or perhaps Christmas day. I was probably the only solo eater that night. Once I was done, i flagged the waiter down for my check and he replied, 'It's already paid for..' I asked by who and he said 'an older couple and they left 20 or 30 minutes ago!' ...

I have also had someone in front of me at a drive thru pay for my meal... i then paid for the meal that was behind me!

Old 06-13-2015, 10:15 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
When my best friend passed away I didn't have the funds to go to her funeral. An acquaintance heard about it and used her miles to get me a ticket.

When my boyfriend and I broke up (finally abusive relationship) my dad waited outside for me to come home and greeted me at my car to make sure I was okay.

After I ran the nyc marathon I was riding on a crowded subway. An older gentleman about 80 offered me his seat.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:19 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,892,650 times
I took a workshop once, shortly after I had been laid off from work. I was trying to get some ideas about what to do next.

At the end of the workshop, we were to write positive anonymous statements on post-its for each other. It was nice to have a glimpse of how others perceived us and our strengths.

One said "You make people feel valued'. I still tear up when I think about it. It was the nicest thing I could have heard at the time and I have strived to make it true ever since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships