Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 12:26 PM

58 posts, read 43,742 times

Advertisements

Do any of have a seasonal friend? I have this "friend" that I knew from college, we were so close during the semesters that everyone thought we were sisters. But for some reason we would always have trouble communicating during the summer months (granted I would be doing internship away from home but that's why they have phones and stuff). Anyways, a little after our college graduation last year we just stop talking, I called/texted her and it would be a surprise if she answered back so I stop. Since she was 25 at that time and I didn't turn 21 yet, I figured maybe she wanted to hang out with people her own age or whatever, the point is I stop blowing up her phone after a month (before you say how do I know she wasn't sick well that's because she had no problem keeping up with her other friends, small school). So this morning, I got a random text from her wondering how I am, and it's weird because right now would be the time that we would get ready to go back to school if we were still in college. So I guess my question is, have you ever been or had to deal with a friend for season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 07:44 AM

279 posts, read 361,596 times
I actually have friends who are seasonal for different reasons. One is a tax accountant and are basically MIA for a quarter of the year due to workload.

Another friend works as a teacher and has a family. She is pretty stressed for time during the normal school year, but is a lot more available during the summer.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:01 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-guy View Post
I actually have friends who are seasonal for different reasons. One is a tax accountant and are basically MIA for a quarter of the year due to workload.

Another friend works as a teacher and has a family. She is pretty stressed for time during the normal school year, but is a lot more available during the summer.
I have a similar situation with a teacher friend. He's MIA during the school year, but things change a lot during the summer months.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:16 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times
I have had friends I do not hear from unless they want something from me and/or someone to listen to their problems. When I have a problem they make it clear they are not interested nor do they care about me or my problems.

It took me alot of years to learn these are not really true friends. They are emotional vampires and have been using me because others are not as nice, willing and are on to them. I am "on to" that type now, having been hurt over and over.

The woman you described sounds not like a "seasonal" friend. She doesn't really sound like a friend at all to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships