Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 05:24 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times

Advertisements

I have a tattoo and my way of thinking is that as long as it's what you like, go for it. Has absolutely nothing to do with sexual preferences! Do I regret getting one? Hell no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 05:29 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
They are rather ghey these days.

I like not having any; it seems less conformist to avoid them.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:51 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Let me answer with a question:

When getting a tattoo, who are you trying to impress, and what is the message you are sending?

Old 09-06-2015, 07:02 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
I really don't get the tattoo culture. I can't even imagine picking something I would love forever. My favorite shirt today will not be my favorite shirt in another year.
I have a person in my Company in Management that has a tattoo of her favorite avatar in her video gaming world. Really?

To each his own... Not for me.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:28 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
I used to see a guy with cartoon tattoos. But not the superheroes. Elroy Jetson, Scooby Doo, Barney Rubble.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:08 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
I don't know, but I just ignore them. They're so commonplace they're boring and trendy. I despise trendy. Very seldom to I notice actual art on someone. Recently stood in line behind a guy with safety pins and misc hardware tattooed on his calf. Couldn't think of anything more creative? Just a random kind of life? wth

Old 09-06-2015, 08:15 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,525,302 times
MY client walks in with a huge "Kristin " tatoo that covers his entire arm almost from shoulder to wrist. He of course wants to divorce ... Kristin. I point to the tatoo and tell him -that's going to be fun. He admits "yeah but she's got the same one with my name".

Its ok if you like tatoos and even if you like the romantic ones but please no matter how in love ( or drunk or stoned) you are , just do generic " I love ____" and just pencil in the name.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:10 PM

327 posts, read 398,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I remember when men used to get tattoos, it was mostly from their military days, and the stereotype of men in the military is "tough" and "masculine." Another group that would get tattoos were the "bikers," another stereotypical "tough" group.

Now it seems like the opposite in my generation(millennials). The men getting tattoos these days are the white metrosexual/feminine hipsters who sip on their Starbucks lattes with their big glasses. It seems like nearly every guy around my age with a visible tattoo is metrosexual or "wimpy." It might be because tattoos these days are more popular with the females, and getting things like sleeve tattoos are more feminine.

Maybe its just me, but it seems like more of the granola type males are the ones getting tattoos as opposed to the tough bikers/military men of past generations. I mean, look at someone like Justin Bieber-feminine male all tatted up. What do you think?
Its a spiritual thing, look it up. The Demons are marking their territory on the human body. It is written that humans are NOT to tattoo themselves. You can look it up.

I wish I was joking about this, but I think since we are living in the End, that this is increasing.

In some ways, it is a warning to all of us to get our lives in order before the Judgement. Mockers can mock. Mockers will suffer for not being ready, though.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:12 AM

1,668 posts, read 1,487,062 times
I always wonder how drunk the person had to be to get their tatoo.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:38 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,424,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Now it seems like the opposite in my generation(millennials). The men getting tattoos these days are the white metrosexual/feminine hipsters who sip on their Starbucks lattes with their big glasses. It seems like nearly every guy around my age with a visible tattoo is metrosexual or "wimpy." It might be because tattoos these days are more popular with the females, and getting things like sleeve tattoos are more feminine.
I think the most wimpy type of person is the one who feels deeply threatened by anyone slightly different from themselves.

Sorry your tattoos are now making you self conscious because no one let you pre-approve the type of person allowed to get tattoos. Heaven forbid someone think you are a "metrosexual" or a "fe-male."

yeesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships