Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 03:10 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
What is the deal with the type of folks who say they will get back to you, but don't until days, even weeks later, and when you don't answer them in the timely manner that suits them, they say things like "Now you can't speak to me"? How do you respond to people like that? Suggestions please! That crap bugs the hell out of me.
I've known people just as the OP described and to them I say "**** YOU and the horse you rode in on!" What makes them so special that they can't communicate with me???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 10:22 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I certainly disagree with you. Adults in this society have BUSY periods. That's just life.
Yes, I know they do,. And now you hear this excuse in business/professional settings.

Let me give you an example so maybe you will get it. About a month ago I inquired at my local bank about some information on money markets/ investments. The person who handles that wasn't in but the woman I spoke to took my information and he was to call me to set up an appointment.

He never did, I was back in there a week later and asked the same woman, she said she did contact him and was shocked he didn't get back to me.

I'm not difficult, I let a week go by. She gets him on the phone live and than she tells me he is taking classes and is just so busy.....LOL.

That's what I mean, I told politely "that's not my problem, I'm a client, that's the excuse for everything today when people don't do what they're supposed to do".

Busy is code for "I don't want to be bothered" or " I screwed up but I won't admit that so I say I'm just so busy".

Old 10-19-2015, 12:00 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
What is the deal with the type of folks who say they will get back to you, but don't until days, even weeks later, and when you don't answer them in the timely manner that suits them, they say things like "Now you can't speak to me"? How do you respond to people like that? Suggestions please! That crap bugs the hell out of me.
"Who is this?"

Old 10-19-2015, 01:13 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I write them off. No need to ponder about it.

Totally agree with this. I look at it like weeding the garden. When it takes so much energy to have certain people in my life, when I am getting pissed or drained.. it's the heave ho...bye bye.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:29 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I certainly disagree with you. Adults in this society have BUSY periods. That's just life.
In the past, I was gullible enough to honor a favor for a friend, instead of honoring my obligation to work. And it feels like I'm still paying for that mistake, 8 years later. For most people, our priorities and livelihoods are linked to our jobs, and we may disappoint people along the way. I feel a house and a paycheck takes precedence over holding a promise to your friends/peers, unfortunately. We have to live with our decisions either way.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:43 PM

10 posts, read 9,167 times
People are different tho. I have people in my life that passively aggressively throw fits because I don't feel the need to chat them every week or few days. Now I'm just doing me,if it's something important I'll get back to you but if it's another moanfest about how their husband doesn't take them out anymore I'm ignoring that unless I'm bored and even then blah. If someone's mode of contacting you isn't okay for you let them go or else accept them for who they are. There's always someone else you can call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships