Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2016, 11:24 AM

465 posts, read 613,820 times

Advertisements

She was not your friend. You never met her. Friends are people you actually meet. You can befriend people online but until you meet you aren't truly friends. I really do feel that you should see a therapist. I mean this is a nice way. It will help with the loneliness. Please don't seek attention through social media. It's not healthy. Get out and meet people.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 11:32 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalia.leighton View Post
Over the past few months, I've been really lonely at school. It's been pretty terrible. Something happened to me right before Christmas break and right after the holidays word had gotten around about what happened to the entire school and now long story short everybody at school hates me. Inevitably I don't have anyone to hang out with, and I just don't think I've ever felt this isolated in my entire life. I'm a senior in High School, so there's also tons of schoolwork I have yet to complete, if I ever want to get into college, that is. I don't know, I guess I'm in that stage where I just can't bring myself to do anything.

Anyway, around the beginning of January right after school began,<edit>social media,and I saw this really cool account that had some cool posts on it.<snip> I didn't realize that blue tick thing meant you were famous so I didn't really know who she was until I read the comments (she's not famous herself, she just comes from a very famous family) but I'd rather not mention who she is because then if people who follow her see my post they're going to start attacking me on Instagram even more (same username) and I'm already getting enough hate.

Anyway, before I realized she was who she was, I DM'd her that I thought her account was really cool and asked her if she'd like to chat (no I'm not a creepy stalker, just a lonely teenager) since she's around my age. Then I waited for like a week and nothing. So I got slightly hurt and went to the comment section to see if she was replying to anyone there instead of DM, and by reading the comments I realized who's daughter she was. At first I was like "whoa this is legit his daughter and she probably thinks I'm creepy as hell" but for some reason I really wanted her to reply to me. I cyber-stalked her afterwards and found out some stuff from websites that made me relate to her even more. So I tried again in the comment section, and finally after a few days of writing her stuff she finally replied to me. I was so happy, like you have no idea. I had to re-read her reply like 10 times. She just seemed like such a cool girl and I just really wanted a friend and she seemed perfect, and she lives relatively close to me as well (I found out online) so I had this whole image in my head that we could meet up for coffee and become best friends and all that pretty stuff (yeah I know I sound crazy idk what I was thinking either) so I DM'd her again and that time she actually replied to me on there. We chatted back and forth, and I felt really special because so many people in the comment section were trying so hard to get her to notice them, and here she was DM'ing me. But more than that, it felt awesome to finally have a friend again. Then out of nowhere, she just stopped DM'ing me. Like I could see she was online and liking stuff, and I knew she saw my messages, but she couldn't be bothered to answer them.

I got so upset that I DM'ed her this really long, I guess relatively rude letter, because I was hurt, and she ended up blocking me. She actually blocked me. Like I thought she was my friend and then she goes ahead and does that. I am so upset it's nearly 4:00 in the morning right now and I can't bring myself to go to sleep. I just can't stop crying. What should I do?

-Thanks
Do you think about what you write/say, or does it just come out?

Old 02-05-2016, 11:39 AM

31 posts, read 43,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Do you think about what you write/say, or does it just come out?
EVERYBODY cyber-stalks, it's not a big deal. You've probably cyber-stalked people too. It's a way of finding info

Old 02-05-2016, 11:42 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
What do your parents say about all this stuff going on with you?

Old 02-05-2016, 11:44 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
It IS a big deal, especially when you take it to the next level, as you did.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:57 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
EVERYBODY cyber-stalks, it's not a big deal. You've probably cyber-stalked people too. It's a way of finding info
No, everyone does not cyber-stalk.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:59 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
EVERYBODY cyber-stalks, it's not a big deal. You've probably cyber-stalked people too.

No. We are adults. And we don't leak nude photos of our friends, either.

You seriously need help, not friends.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:15 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
She was not your friend.
You cyber-stalked her.
She was kind to you for a while, then you got rude because she did not pay enough attention to you.

Well, you know... I would have blocked anyone like that also.

Not everyone will like you (throughout life). Trying to push yourself on them does the opposite of what you would like... it drives them away. Perhaps therapy would help.
ATTENTION.

God how I wish I could get the patent on this stuff, bottle it, and sell it. I'd be set for several lifetimes.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:17 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Quote:
Stop generalizing. The capitalization infers that you do this on a regular basis. 'EVERYBODY' is not needy enough to 'cyber stalk' a stranger.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:25 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
What is this thing now where people expect everyone to like them? When I was growing up back in the ancient 1980s/90s, it was inherently understood that people clicked with some people and not with others. Now I see all kinds of posts on C-D expressing shock when not everyone wants to be close friends with them or their kids. I'm curious as to what in society is causing this expectation because I don't get it at all.

It is very disturbing.

But so is the term "hater", you don't like a certain actor or singer and you're a "hater", it used to be called having an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships