Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 11:41 AM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I had to read it twice to understand the pecking order. I first thought all three were standing at the condiment bar. But you mean LITERALLY there was a line.

IF THERE WAS A LINE:

BOTH were wrong.

Guy B did the first wrong thing: HE DIDN'T ASK THE GUY IN FRONT OF HIM (GUY A)..."Are you next in line?" Instead, he sneaked in quickly since he saw the opportunity and Guy A didn't move fast enough or didn't notice the blank space. Wrong.

Guy A was wrong in making a big deal of it. He was daydreaming and didn't notice he was lagging behind, so someone sneaked into his place. It was wrong and not nice of the sneaker, but you snooze, you lose. No biggie.

Guy A was then WRONG A SECOND TIME when he touched Guy B to bump him. Technically, that's assault.

This wouldn't have happened if:

Guy A had been paying attention, but this happens sometimes.
Guy B had done the right thing & called to Guy A's attention that the line had moved up.
Guy B hadn't acted like a kid and slipped into someone else's place because of a momentary lapse in attention.
Guy A had acted like an adult and just let the child called Guy B slide.

BOTH were wrong. But B started it all.

Guy A was not daydreaming. He was sipping his coffee and looking directly at the spot for close to a minute. The two who were at the bar were taking their sweet time. Thats when other people in line started getting frustrated and when B noticed, thats when he went for the open spot.

Not that that makes it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 01:19 PM

36,533 posts, read 30,871,648 times
IDK. In the south guy B would have said to guy A, "excuse me Sir are you next in line?" to which guy A would respond either, "yes, sorry" and moved up or "no, you go ahead".

Old 08-02-2016, 02:06 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,937,576 times
I let people go first all the time. Just let a woman with one item (and a small child) cut ahead of me at the supermarket. I had a full basket; seemed like the chivalrous thing to do.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:23 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
All this nonsense over an overpriced cup of coffee? Talk about a first world problem! Honestly, who cares? Go. Drink your coffee. Have a great day! People need to think about the big picture in life. I'd say their lives are pretty good. Seems like they have a roof over their head, money for food, jobs, etc. They're not getting chemo, they're not hooked up to machines breathing for them or feeding them, they're not sitting in a hospital somewhere not know who they are drooling all over themselves.....life's pretty good. If you're biggest problem in life is a stupid cup of coffee, then you have some jacked up priorities!

Old 08-02-2016, 02:35 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Don't mess with people who haven't had their coffee yet.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:17 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
But what if you are at the four way stop and the guy who's turn it is, is not going?
You wave him on.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:34 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,003,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Note: this happened in NYC where everyone is always in a rush, especially in the morning when the below happened.

So I was at a Starbucks today. There is the condiment bar with milk, sugar, etc. on it for you to use after you get a drink. Three people can use it at once, although it may be a bit tight.

I was standing there waiting for my drink and see there is a line to get to the condiment bar, although it is all mixed in with people waiting for breakfast sandwiches, etc.. Two people are at the bar adding milk, etc and there was space in the middle of them. The guy at the front of the line (lets call him guy A) is standing there, not taking the center spot. The guy behind him (lets call him guy B) goes around him and into the center spot and begins mixing his drink. About 10 seconds later, the guy on the right side is done and moves away. Right then, guy A that wouldn't take the middle spot, moves in and tries to snatch the milk out of the guy B's hand!

Guy B holding the milk said something like, "Hey! What the hell are you doing?" and pulls the milk back. And guy A said something like, "Why are you sliding in here while I'm in line?" which guy B replies with "There are three spots here and you were not moving in."

Guy A, who is a bit bigger than guy B starts to purposely bump into guy B, nudging him and stuff. Guy B says something like, "You need to quit all the bumping into me.", which guy A replies with "What are you going to do about it?"

They stare at each other for a few seconds, and guy B says back, "And what are YOU going to do about it?"

They both turn and finish making their coffee. One says, "Have a nice day ass hole." and the other replies with something similar.

Note: They were both middle aged white guys.

Who was in the right here? Guy A or B?
Sounds like a Sanka commercial.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:32 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
They are both wrong by going to Starbucks. Worst coffee imaginable. In fact the OP is wrong by just admitting he patronized Starbucks in the first place.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:33 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
Guy B did take cuts. Guy A didn't want to crowd the other people but he was first and Guy B should have asked Guy A if he minded if he slid in front since he was slender and could fit in the spot.

Instead, Guy B took his chances. He took cuts and he was risking a Condiment rage episode by doing so.

That was a bad gamble on his part because Guy A was bigger and he could have took him down.

Of course they both acted stupid but Guy A was waiting his turn in line and he wasn't causing any trouble until he was provoked. Guy B was a slimy little cut-taker.

At a 4 way stop, sometimes people go out of turn because the lost track of who was there first. I don't think that is the same thing because it is usually unintentional. The slimy cut-taker knew what he was doing.
Thanks for the play-by-play and for making sense out of all this. Can you come to my house when the guys are watching football and tell me what's going on in girl terms so I can get it?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:34 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Anyone who calls someone an "*******" is in the wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships