Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 12:15 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Nobody does, and that's the point.

*The OP feels* he does. That's why he's making this girl's silly comment out to be malicious and beyond the pale. He has to, because he feels he has to have an excuse.

He's afraid to JUST say, "You know what? I actually don't want a girlfriend, period."

If he owned that there wouldn't even be this thread, actually.
Considering the girl sounds a bit like a busybody, I'd have to think making a comment like that could lead to other...assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 12:16 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Nobody does, and that's the point.

*The OP feels* he does. That's why he's making this girl's silly comment out to be malicious and beyond the pale. He has to, because he feels he has to have an excuse.

He's afraid to JUST say, "You know what? I actually don't want a girlfriend, period."

If he owned that there wouldn't even be this thread, actually.
At this point someone would take issue with that as well given how this thread has gone.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
At this point someone would take issue with that as well given how this thread has gone.
You can believe that if you'd like and keep enabling the OP's avoidance and finger-pointing. That's your prerogative. I don't think it helps much, though. But sure, you can wash away all the legitimate points of this thread this way...it's easier. Certainly it's easier on the OP and I'm sure he's grateful for your input right now.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:18 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
95% of first dates for you are either the movies or a full dinner? Just clarifying because by following up saying most people you know go out for drinks and talking, you're stating your first date M.O. as comparatively unusual. Which would make sense, actually.

A drink or two I can see and as you said, extending it IF things are all going great. Of which there is NO guarantee on a first date...that's what the first meet-up is for.
95% of first dates are going for drinks and talking. It's all about finding out if there is chemistry.

The "them" was regarding first dates... I should have had commas as edited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
95% of them for me, and most people I know, are going out for some drinks and talking

But I dunno, I never think about it extending or not... I've never had first dates with time limits! Things go the way they go. Sometimes one drink and we're done, some times it goes much longer.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalem Pongwaang View Post
I think in the event that it was only her and another lady in the lunchroom I would not have been irritated. Be that as it may, it was topped off today for reasons unknown and I felt like she was attempting to jokester me which was somewhat astounding since she we generally have wonderful discussion with each other.

Why do you think such a great amount about what somebody supposes who evidently doesn't generally know an entire hell of a considerable measure about you?
To jokester...you?

Quote:
I felt like she was attempting to jokester me
Who are you? You're not the OP. What's this, now?

Old 08-15-2016, 12:26 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
You can believe that if you'd like and keep enabling the OP's avoidance and finger-pointing. That's your prerogative. I don't think it helps much, though. But sure, you can wash away all the legitimate points of this thread this way...it's easier. Certainly it's easier on the OP and I'm sure he's grateful for your input right now.
Well I don't know what to tell you. You seem to have some really personal grudge against the OP. It's one thing to disagree with someone. It is another to personally attack and antagonize someone. If the OP isn't legit then maybe we should stop indulging him and stop adding to this thread.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Well I don't know what to tell you. You seem to have some really personal grudge against the OP. It's one thing to disagree with someone. It is another to personally attack and antagonize someone. If the OP isn't legit then maybe we should stop indulging him and stop adding to this thread.
I have no hidden agenda. I am happy to tell you why I'm interested in this thread. It is because it aggravates me to see people basically try to point the finger at others and make those people/that person feel bad, in order to justify their own issues.

I think it's cruel, particularly if the two are supposed to be friends.

I don't have a personal vendetta against the OP (why would I?) but it's pretty obvious that until he comes to grip with HIS OWN issues this stuff will continue to bother him. I thought that was what this forum was for - input on such things? He can learn from all this...right now. He can learn something about himself and come to an understanding with himself (probably, that he just doesn't want to date, period, though I won't say that's absolutely it, that's just what it darned well seems like)...OR he can keep hiding, keep finger-pointing, get nowhere, and lose friends.

By the way, you too seem to be taking this personally, VERY personally, and it isn't even about you. So again...rather than pointing a finger, you may want to look into your own reasons and your own motivations. I don't know what those are - I'm not you. But obviously there's something really investing you in this. In the meantime, this thread remains about the OP, not about you and not about me. That's actually the point and it is what I continue to address.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:31 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Depends on show times. Most "date nights" won't fall into the cheaper showings unless you're going to a smaller venue or one that is only showing older releases
I've never heard of variable prices depending on the show time. Not anywhere, where I've lived. Except for senior discounts; they don't offer those after late afternoon or so. What a racket--charging more for Fri./Sat. evenings?

Old 08-15-2016, 12:34 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I have no hidden agenda. I am happy to tell you why I'm interested in this thread. It is because it aggravates me to see people basically try to point the finger at others and make those people/that person feel bad, in order to justify their own issues.

I think it's cruel, particularly if the two are supposed to be friends.
JerZzz, did you see the part where he said she was the same age as he is? You may have been right all along.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 08-15-2016 at 12:43 PM..

Old 08-15-2016, 12:37 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've never heard of variable prices depending on the show time. Not anywhere, where I've lived. Except for senior discounts; they don't offer those after late afternoon or so. What a racket--charging more for Fri./Sat. evenings?
Just about every theater in Raleigh has a matinee price for movies starting before 5pm, and that includes weekends. One theater here has $1 Tuesdays where you can get a small drink and small popcorn for $1 each.

But, then again, I didn't consider the fact that my dates had to occur after 5pm, anyhow. I tended to enjoy dates that involved *some* element outside (visit to the park; a lake; bike ride), so I'm probably not representative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships