Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 09:27 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,025,342 times

Advertisements

Why can't I just take some cooking lessons and start buying food from the market to cook and bring to work for lunch? This really pissed me off today because she said this in a crowded break room during lunch time and I just let it go because I was too upset at the time. She claims I need a girlfriend so she can make me dinner and I can bring leftovers for lunch. That has to be the dumbest thing I ever in my life for a reason that someone needs to be in a relationship.

I don't think any woman needs a man or any man needs a woman especially if they are content with being single.

I felt so disrespected today as I was leaving the breakroom and just decided to keep going to my desk because I didn't want to curse her out. And i think I was more hurt than upset because she considered us friends last week and she embarrassed me in front of a crowded break room?

Do you agree that is a stupid reason for a man needing to be in a relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 09:30 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Of course, but so is getting so emotionally worked up over it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-10-2016, 09:31 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Could it be that she was flirting with you? Hinting that she could be that gf? If not, just shrug it off. If she ever makes another comment about your single status in front of a group, take her aside later, and tell her your personal life and choices are no one's business. And how does she know you don't have a gf, anyway? How would anyone know that?

Old 08-10-2016, 09:31 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,439 times
Is it possible that you overreacted a bit to what she said?

People kid around all the time about things like this. I don't think that anyone would say it as the reason to be in a relationship.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Could it be that she was flirting with you? Hinting that she could be that gf? If not, just shrug it off. If she ever makes another comment about your single status, take her aside later, and tell her your personal life and choices are no one's business. And how does she know you don't have a gf, anyway? How would anyone know that?

She is making that assumption because of what I eat for lunch everyday.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:33 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Why do you care so much about what someone thinks who apparently doesn't really know a whole heck of a lot about you?

Old 08-10-2016, 09:34 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post

Her assumption was right. You don't have a GF.

Both of my husbands would eat crap if I didn't cook, so I can see some validity in the comment.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-10-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Is it possible that you overreacted a bit to what she said?

People kid around all the time about things like this. I don't think that anyone would say it as the reason to be in a relationship.
I think if it was just her and another woman in the break room I would not have been annoyed. But it was filled up today for some reason and I felt like she was trying to clown me which was kind of surprising since she we always have pleasant conversation with each other.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Why do you care so much about what someone thinks who apparently doesn't really know a whole heck of a lot about you?
I don't care what she thinks i just felt disrespected since she felt the need to say this in a crowded break room

"You are eating smart ones again? he needs a girlfriend, poor guy"

Old 08-10-2016, 09:36 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
Don't let this little bit of trash upset you. She is not worth a thought. What on earth is her problem? Does she want to be that girlfriend? Next time ask her if she is volunteering for the job. That ought to shut her up but if it doesn't, think of some other comeback.

Or maybe say, I am having smart ones for lunch so I can have a really great dinner. It is none of her business who you are or aren't eating that great dinner with.

A friend and I often discussed how staying out of the break room was the best thing for anyone's career. Cook your meal and take it to a park bench.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships