Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 05:10 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,082,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
You weren't forced to move in and kept in chains, so get out if you have a problem with the situation.
nobody forced you to post in this thread either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 07:26 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,683,984 times
I think OP should start looking for a new living situation. Start saving back ANY monies towards the move. The situation OP is currently in, is very lopsided.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:30 AM

22,638 posts, read 47,790,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
nobody forced you to post in this thread either.

??

No one is forced to post in ANY area of this website, so what was the point of this?

Old 09-06-2016, 08:57 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,386,470 times
He wants $600 rent, you want to pay $400 rent. Split it down the middle at $500 and let his 16 year old daughter babysit. Zumba class? You can do that at home in front of the TV. This man gets to take responsibility for his own kids.

What ever you do get it in writing. If both you and him can not come to an agreement, find another place that is closer to work and or school. You are driving 40 miles to get to work now? That is time spent on the road and the use of your car. That is also as you stated another $250 a month spent that you will never see. If you can afford $400 for a place that is closer to work then you can afford $650 for a nicer place and save the wear and tear on your car.

If he gets the $600 a month that means you will be spending $850 a month so that you can help him make the rent. If you are able to find another place for $400 then give him the option of you helping with the rent or leaving. Let him know that you already help out around the home and fix the kids dinner or what ever, so it would not just be those nights he needs you but all the other nights.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:58 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,930,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
I know this is probably not germane to the topic, but how does a guy who retains custody of his children get booted from his own house?

And how did kid#3 arrive on the scene? Did he/she just show up on the porch one day and decide not to go home?

As others have stated, the agreement terms should have been clearly stated when you moved in. He's much older than you, so, yes, I would say he took advantage of you then.

But you let a second opportunity pass you by. Your renegotiation should have occurred the moment the third child arrived.
And furthermore, how did a 47 year old separated guy get a 23 year old babysitter to live in this house? Nice.....

Old 09-06-2016, 10:48 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,446,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mialady View Post
I used to babysit for this married but separated dad of 4. I only babysat two of his kids at the time. They were 7 and 9 years old. He got kicked out of his house and found a nice but small 3 bedroom house for rent...problem was he needed a roommate to afford it, which is when he asked me to live with him and pay some of the rent.
This is inappropriate at best. He was taking advantage of you the minute he asked a young babysitter to move in with him. I would lose this freak and get my own place.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mialady View Post
The third child is 16 years old. He doesn't want to force her to stay home and babysit.
Tough. Then he shouldn't be going out.

For everything you are doing, you should be living there for free.

Get out before he asks you to take care of "him", too.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 15 hours ago)

16,087 posts, read 21,206,161 times
Jeez people, it is possible for men and women to have platonic relationships

Old 09-06-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Jeez people, it is possible for men and women to have platonic relationships
Yes, it is, but a 43yo male asking a girl 20 years younger than him to move in is sketchy.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:59 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,701,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yes, it is, but a 43yo male asking a girl 20 years younger than him to move in is sketchy.
This may be an under-explored area. We don't know what her options were when she decided to move in with him.

Something tells me at least one of them expected something romantic to occur during this time, and I think it was her. She was fine with the arrangement until she wasn't, which tells me she thought he would gravitate towards her, but he didn't reciprocate her feelings.

She then goes and finds a job that interferes with her ability to watch the kids as he asked. Sounds like a "take that, you moron!" response to his lack of feelings for her. We don't know if their relationship ever got physical, but I can't help but think this issue is coming to the fore as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships