Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 06:22 AM

6 posts, read 4,958 times

Advertisements

This post is from Virginia and I hope I am posting it in the right category my issue is my husbands oldest nephew he lives with us out of the goodness of our hearts we let him stay with us was homeless.

It has been an off and on again thing he had a bad fall late August of last year him and his ex were rooming with a couple well September before Labor Day he comes and asks hubby can he stay we said yes ounce again this morning I am about to snap I should be sleep its 8 :12 tired I did not send my daughter to her day support program.

He was told what we expected when he first asked he is the type does not wont anyone to tell him what to do well me and my hubsand have had our times with him and even told him necessary do not be quite he can leave he can be a not so nice person depending on what you say or tell him he will say I am sorry but you best hold your breath.

I wont to ask him what makes him be up at times when we are sleeping I know he is eating at times this morning I wake up around 6 to go to the bathroom light on in one daughter and I use look light on in wash room washing clothes then he seemed to been taking a shower really you do not work nowhere, I am hoping and praying he gets this apartment.

I am not say all that quite of mornings I have a 24 year old special needs daughter so yes I do be talking getting her ready but I do not try being all loud and stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 06:41 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,933,260 times
That was really hard to read. Sentences and paragraphs are not the same thing.

Boiled down to brass tacks...if someone in your home is not acting the way they should, then that person needs to go. Your responsibility is to your immediate family, not your nut-job nephew. Grow a pair and kick him to the curb.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:03 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,257,801 times
You need to stop letting him call the shots in your house. If he refuses to respect you and your husband's wishes, then kick him out and let him find another place to live.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:31 AM

12 posts, read 11,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
That was really hard to read. Sentences and paragraphs are not the same thing.

Boiled down to brass tacks...if someone in your home is not acting the way they should, then that person needs to go. Your responsibility is to your immediate family, not your nut-job nephew. Grow a pair and kick him to the curb.

I too had trouble reading what the original poster wrote, but I think you condensed it nicely. (thank you)

I strongly disagree with one thing that you said however; It should be hubby that is giving the nephew the boot since this relative is from HIS side of the family.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4janeydoe View Post
I too had trouble reading what the original poster wrote, but I think you condensed it nicely. (thank you)

I strongly disagree with one thing that you said however; It should be hubby that is giving the nephew the boot since this relative is from HIS side of the family.
Who sticks their foot in his @ss and sends him flying, does not matter. All that matters is he is gone. If they want to pay someone to do it, who cares.

..or they could do it together, a marriage building exercise about enforcement of boundaries.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:30 AM

12 posts, read 11,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
Who sticks their foot in his @ss and sends him flying, does not matter. All that matters is he is gone. If they want to pay someone to do it, who cares.

..or they could do it together, a marriage building exercise about enforcement of boundaries.
Well we can agree to disagree, but that is NOT all that matters IMO! This is part of her extended family. Treating a guest in your home with VIOLENCE is never a good way to maintain a harmony with the rest of his family. I hope that she DOES care and doesn't treat him as poorly as you suggest.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:50 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,067,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimples23 View Post
This post is from Virginia and I hope I am posting it in the right category my issue is my husbands oldest nephew he lives with us out of the goodness of our hearts we let him stay with us was homeless.

It has been an off and on again thing he had a bad fall late August of last year him and his ex were rooming with a couple well September before Labor Day he comes and asks hubby can he stay we said yes ounce again this morning I am about to snap I should be sleep its 8 :12 tired I did not send my daughter to her day support program.

He was told what we expected when he first asked he is the type does not wont anyone to tell him what to do well me and my hubsand have had our times with him and even told him necessary do not be quite he can leave he can be a not so nice person depending on what you say or tell him he will say I am sorry but you best hold your breath.

I wont to ask him what makes him be up at times when we are sleeping I know he is eating at times this morning I wake up around 6 to go to the bathroom light on in one daughter and I use look light on in wash room washing clothes then he seemed to been taking a shower really you do not work nowhere, I am hoping and praying he gets this apartment.

I am not say all that quite of mornings I have a 24 year old special needs daughter so yes I do be talking getting her ready but I do not try being all loud and stuff.
Can you speak dead good English, like what we do?

Pack his bags, adios, what do you want here?
Permission?

Buckingham Palace is too small for 2 families.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4janeydoe View Post
Well we can agree to disagree, but that is NOT all that matters IMO! This is part of her extended family. Treating a guest in your home with VIOLENCE is never a good way to maintain a harmony with the rest of his family. I hope that she DOES care and doesn't treat him as poorly as you suggest.
It's a metaphor, Sherlock...

Harmony in the extended family? Get over yourself. This person is causing problems to their immediate family, but let's keep the cousins and aunts happy. No this person needs to go, who says what is inconsequential. Remember it's not her husband's house it is her's too.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:33 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
Sorry I am really not clear on what you are asking. However if he is disrespecting you and disrupting the needs of your daughter, kick him out of the house. He needs to fall down and pick himself back up and not rely on you doing it for him.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:55 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,584,523 times
He is a selfish person who is taking advantage of you. Tell him to leave immediately and let him figure out what to do about being homeless. He doesn't deserve your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships