Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 03:40 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
I once saw a car that was taking up FOUR spaces in a shopping centre lot by parking across the lines. It was a 5 series Mercedes Benz.

He came back to find his car surrounded by four other cars, all less than six inches from his car. They turned out to be mall employees, who had seen this jerk do this for a week while he was working in the management office of the mall. They left their cars parked there, and went for supper after work, and came back about 9 pm.

Idiot boy had gone home in a taxi. He got it.

XXX.
Maybe I am more car dumb that I thought, but what is a 5 series Mercedes? Usually I see that term reserved for BMW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 04:00 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,515,138 times
It's pure selfish entitlement. I live in Texas where the golden rule is 'I'm more important than everyone else, and if you want to test me out, I have a fully loaded weapon ready to show you'. You just don't fight with selfish idiots here because you are likely to get shot, and the courts will likely back them up.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:39 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,668,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I almost always park in handicap spots so I have extra room and prevent rude people from dinging my doors.
Gee, thanks. People like you really make me itch to key your car as I help my mother shuffle past your car with her walker from where we had to park 100 ft. away because of your callous rudeness.

Quote:
I drive a really nice car and I do not want someone denting it. Some cars are more than some houses. People should learn respect and not damage other peoples property.
You're right -- people SHOULD learn to respect handicap spots so that disabled people can use them. If you're driving a car that's worth more than your house, you're misguided. Talk about a depreciating asset!

Quote:
I would have had all four cars towed.
And the Mercedes, too, for illegal parking. :-) If you're THAT worried about someone dinging your car, you should be willing to walk just a little bit further and park your car away from the crowd near the store entrance. But you aren't, are you? You just like showing off your car.

Last edited by dblackga; 05-09-2017 at 05:50 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 06:22 PM

588 posts, read 463,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
I once saw a car that was taking up FOUR spaces in a shopping centre lot by parking across the lines. It was a 5 series Mercedes Benz.

He came back to find his car surrounded by four other cars, all less than six inches from his car. They turned out to be mall employees, who had seen this jerk do this for a week while he was working in the management office of the mall. They left their cars parked there, and went for supper after work, and came back about 9 pm.

Idiot boy had gone home in a taxi. He got it.

XXX.
You gotta love it

love love

t

slashed tires would have been much more expensive...he got off light.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:53 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,411,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonstrong View Post
I don't think I will ever get used to people doing rude things just because they think they can.

For example I stopped by Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee this morning, and there were not any available parking spots. Two people decided to double park for no reason. So I sat there and waited for someone to come out so I could park and one of the first people to come out was a double parker. I rolled down my window and asked him why take two spaces. He just shrugged his shoulders and took off.

What have you encountered that makes you angry?
Be careful of confronting people like that. You never know nowadays, people are half nuts, you don't know if they're carrying a gun, knife, etc. Its better to just suck it up

Old 05-09-2017, 08:00 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
It's pure selfish entitlement. I live in Texas where the golden rule is 'I'm more important than everyone else, and if you want to test me out, I have a fully loaded weapon ready to show you'. You just don't fight with selfish idiots here because you are likely to get shot, and the courts will likely back them up.
Sounds like Florida

Old 05-09-2017, 08:22 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,460,871 times
Double standards have remained constant. Boss:s above employees.
Police above citizens. Guns above life. Sounds like the unjust rules keep being tolerated..Or as so often said in a most disrespectful tone .."suck it up".
I tend to think this system is set to suppress...Not enrich a person.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:33 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
I almost always park in handicap spots so I have extra room and prevent rude people from dinging my doors.

I drive a really nice car and I do not want someone denting it. Some cars are more than some houses. People should learn respect and not damage other peoples property.

I would have had all four cars towed.
I hope you are kidding. If you aren't, I hope all your doors get dinged.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:36 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,289,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Entitlement and narcissism if I had to guess.
Yes, especially those who grew up with lots of money and never had to do anything they didn't want to. They get a tremendous ego and treat people badly. They very often go to tanning salons and come out looking orange too, and with tiny hands, and very strange hair combed oddly to cover up a bald spot. And also don't wear a wedding ring either, although their so-called model wife does.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:36 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
I don't know, OP, but that kind of stuff drives me nuts!

A few things that come to mind:

people who drive past the whole car pool line at school, and stop in a handicapped spot to drop their kid off

people who park in non-parking spots in the school parking lot

people who litter especially cig butts out the car window

Once I was in line to check in at the gym, and something was wrong with the card scanner. The line was full of people all going to the same class. One lady walked past all of us, threw her card on the counter, and walked on into class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships