Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 06:30 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
These jokes started way before this incident. But that is still no excuse for me getting this stigma from them.
But I doubt it was the first time you talked inappropriately about young girls. The joke had to of started from somewhere, and it was probably from something you said in the past or they noticed a pattern when you talked about girls.

I'm just saying be careful about what you say and think about how it might sound to others, especially those who already joke about you being a sex offender.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:34 PM

361 posts, read 432,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But I doubt it was the first time you talked inappropriately about young girls. The joke had to of started from somewhere, and it was probably from something you said in the past or they noticed a pattern when you talked about girls.

I'm just saying be careful about what you say and think about how it might sound to others, especially those who already joke about you being a sex offender.
I will be more careful. But I at least hope that people on this thread know that I would never dream of molesting or kid napping anybody, no matter how old or what gender.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:40 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
I assume that you are single and have the usual circle of male friends. So here is my take. Talk to each friend individually and ask them to stop and that it could cause harm. If it doesn't work on an individual basis, here is a solution. The next time that the offending friend is talking to a woman in a social setting say this; Congratulations, I heard that you beat the rape charge in Connecticut. You fill in the state. When he confronts you about it remind him about how he ignored your request.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I assume that you are single and have the usual circle of male friends. So here is my take. Talk to each friend individually and ask them to stop and that it could cause harm. If it doesn't work on an individual basis, here is a solution. The next time that the offending friend is talking to a woman in a social setting say this; Congratulations, I heard that you beat the rape charge in Connecticut. You fill in the state. When he confronts you about it remind him about how he ignored your request.
Well, I'm talking about it now in the group chat and it doesn't look like it's going to stop. They're saying typical guy things, like, "That's how this group operates, buddy. You know you're our pal and we're only joking, but we're gonna joke about either this or your job that you should have left as soon as you went to college (I work in a grocery store). We all tease each other in this group, but it doesn't mean that we don't like each other." I then responded how I still don't like being talked about that way, and they haven't said anything back yet.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I'm very curious how/why this joke started. There must be a reason. Not saying it's anything bad, I'm just interested in the back story.
It just started because of the fact that I show more interest in girls (our age) than any of them. Like if we're in a restaurant or whatever and I'll say, "Oh wow, that waitress is cute." I guess an overall continuing pattern of this is what started the jokes.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:27 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
And as a couple of posters have said, allegations of sex crimes/child molestation - real, imagined, or otherwise - will follow you, everywhere you go, for a long, long time - possibly for the rest of your life!
It can keep you from getting a job. Anywhere you move, no matter what city, town, or state, you'll have to register with the local police as a sex offender. This means your neighbors will know!

Old 07-13-2017, 08:31 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
Quote:
It just started because of the fact that I show more interest in girls (our age) than any of them. Like if we're in a restaurant or whatever and I'll say, "Oh wow, that waitress is cute." I guess an overall continuing pattern of this is what started the jokes.
I doubt it. There has to be something else. When guys get on other guys there is something that started it. They wouldn't just make up child molester and run with it all this time. I am not saying you are a molester but you must have done something to get it started. Guys in groups do this and they greatly exaggerate what you may have done.

As long as you take it they will continue. And quit being in a group chat with a bunch of guys.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:37 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Well, I'm talking about it now in the group chat and it doesn't look like it's going to stop. They're saying typical guy things, like, "That's how this group operates, buddy. You know you're our pal and we're only joking, but we're gonna joke about either this or your job that you should have left as soon as you went to college (I work in a grocery store). We all tease each other in this group, but it doesn't mean that we don't like each other." I then responded how I still don't like being talked about that way, and they haven't said anything back yet.
This type of friendship is beyond me. I guess it's a guy thing?? Why do guys do this?

You need to do more than say you don't like being talked about that way. Tell them it's inappropriate to joke about those things.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:01 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Drop them. They're jerks. Simple as that.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:28 PM

574 posts, read 382,920 times
So... why keep them as friends? that is a disgusting "joke," and not funny to normal people.. if you want to stay friends with them and not sweat it, you must not actually care. get serious with yourself, do you want your "friends" to keep on doing that and possibly ruin your life, or do you hot care that much? no matter what, choose wisely as at the end of this it could affect your personal life more than now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships