Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 09:23 AM

19 posts, read 23,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Nearest neighbor's 1/2 mile away but I never mow in the AM, simply because the dew doesn't usually disappear before early PM. Mowing wet grass gums up my tractor. One time when it hardened, I had to use a power washer to remove it.

Having said all that, I'd never complain to a neighbor about mowing time even if the houses are on top of each other. Liable to end up with sugar in the gas tank or some other form of vandalism. People are just meaner today.
Better to hear it from the neighbor than from the cops or town.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarynH View Post
Like I said - wouldn't expect some people to get it. The only one that has an issue is the one that isn't considerate of their neighbors
Not considerate of my neighbors????

I have paid 100% for a costly sewer repair, that should have been a shared cost.

I shovel/ blow their driveway/ sidewalk when it snows.

I make treats and share.

I talk and have a relationship with them.

I have NEVER and would NEVER go out and tell them that they are rude and to stop doing something they are allowed to do just because it Inconveniences me.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:24 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,050,126 times
Quote:
My neighbor. He woke us up out of a deep sleep. A few years ago I told my husband he is not allowed to mow the lawn before 10 AM on a Sunday. I think it's incredibly rude and my parents lived by this rule. When we were woken up this morning by my rude neighbor - I went over and approached him. I asked him if he realized it was 7 in the morning and that him mowing his lawn that early was very rude. I asked him if he had any consideration for others. He pushed out a passive aggressive sorry and walked away. He stopped mowing for about an hour and then started again at 8:30. 8:30 is not much better. Completely clueless.
I would have ignored it, unless it became a pattern. Or if I were offended by YOUR behavior I would continue to cut on Sunday mornings. For the record, that type of activity annoys me as well. I’ve noticed a lot of posters comment on an appropriate time on Sunday. With 10am being “acceptable”. You may have even agreed with that. In my area / Region ( years past ) there was no lawn maintenance on Sunday. If it became necessary you certainly didn’t begin before NOON.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:29 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
The majority of other neighbors feel the same. You don't have to agree with me. It is my opinion that if you think this is acceptable you are inconsiderate. I understand not everyone was raised with class
You've continually dodged the question of whether today was a one-time event or if he is an early bird mower every weekend. That makes a difference. And that you're unwilling to give this man the benefit of the doubt speaks to larger issues between you than just mowing the lawn today.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You've continually dodged the question of whether today was a one-time event or if he is an early bird mower every weekend. That makes a difference. And that you're unwilling to give this man the benefit of the doubt speaks to larger issues between you than just mowing the lawn.
Yes he has done inconsiderate things before.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:31 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Anyone who sleeps until freakin' 10am on any day of the week is either ghetto trash or white trash. People who works nights or off-shift are the only exception to the rule. High quality people always wake up and get going within one hour of sunrise seven days a week, anyone who fails to do so is trashy.
Ha ha, I wouldn't go that far! but realistically, most adults don't sleep past 8 or 9 am unless they are sick or on an alternative sleep schedule. The idea that everyone else needs to conform with the extreme outliers among us just isn't realistic.

I suggest OP gets soundproof windows.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Anyone who sleeps until freakin' 10am on any day of the week is either ghetto trash or white trash. People who works nights or off-shift are the only exception to the rule. High quality people always wake up and get going within one hour of sunrise seven days a week, anyone who fails to do so is trashy.
People that sleep till 10am on Sunday are trash? Lmao.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:33 AM

Well thanks for the good and strange responses. Have a great Sunday!

Old 10-08-2017, 09:34 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,836,286 times
Quote:
My neighbor. He woke us up out of a deep sleep. A few years ago I told my husband he is not allowed to mow the lawn before 10 AM on a Sunday. I think it's incredibly rude and my parents lived by this rule. When we were woken up this morning by my rude neighbor - I went over and approached him. I asked him if he realized it was 7 in the morning and that him mowing his lawn that early was very rude. I asked him if he had any consideration for others. He pushed out a passive aggressive sorry and walked away. He stopped mowing for about an hour and then started again at 8:30. 8:30 is not much better. Completely clueless.

My ex-neighbor did the same thing, an elderly retired man. He would mow the lawn at 8am sharp every Saturday morning unless it was raining. Kicker to this story is at the time I worked 2nd shift and would usually get home after 12 midnight on Fridays. Usually stayed awake until 3am since its difficult to go to sleep right away after working.

Asked him if he could start later, but no dice. My passive aggressive response was to warm up my motorcycle in my driveway after 12 midnight then go riding. However, the irony was lost on him and he continued mowing the lawn at 8am.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:36 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Quote:
Well thanks for the good and strange responses. Have a great Sunday!
Thanks for visiting, happy Sunday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships