Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 11:36 PM

439 posts, read 346,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Sigh, please note I said we would not dream of being ASKED, by our family, as in we don't think family members would presume we were spreading gossip or talking out of turn about them. Nothing to do with whether we curb our tongue. Perhaps instead of correcting posts you should attempt to understand what's being said first. But you go ahead and keep thinking you are classier than most if it makes you feel better.
You can believe this if it makes you feel better since it was invented by you anyhow. I have never felt that way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 06:02 AM

6,311 posts, read 4,215,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So many older people are very very very small thinkers. They love gossip.

What an ageist stereotyped load of claptrap

Old 11-16-2017, 08:41 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,224,659 times
Extended family have no right knowing your private business. If you are in your parent's home they have a right to know what is going on. Other than that should be only those you choose to share with,

Old 11-16-2017, 08:46 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,633,924 times
I understand how you feel, OP. My mom and her side of the family LOVE to gossip, and it’s annoying.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:58 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,667,321 times
The OP has been complaining about her parents but that never stops her from mooching off them so apparently it doesn’t bother her enough to become a self sufficient adult. The op has opened several threads and she is always the victim, someone else is always to blame never herself. Grow up, get a steady dependable job, buy a car, move out for good and then you can have all the privacy you want.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:42 AM

1,228 posts, read 635,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
The OP has been complaining about her parents but that never stops her from mooching off them so apparently it doesn’t bother her enough to become a self sufficient adult. The op has opened several threads and she is always the victim, someone else is always to blame never herself. Grow up, get a steady dependable job, buy a car, move out for good and then you can have all the privacy you want.
Yep, the OP has a compulsive habit of telling lies in order to be hired for jobs in which she is not qualified, and few months later she is unemployed. Although she admits to us that she is being deceptive on job interviews, some how it is never her fault when she is terminated, she will even go so far as to ask for (and expect) severance pay! This is an on-going saga that began on the forum, back in 2013. The OP's claim that her parents are gossiping about her should be the least of her worries.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:39 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,667,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Yep, the OP has a compulsive habit of telling lies in order to be hired for jobs in which she is not qualified, and few months later she is unemployed. Although she admits to us that she is being deceptive on job interviews, some how it is never her fault when she is terminated, she will even go so far as to ask for (and expect) severance pay! This is an on-going saga that began on the forum, back in 2013. The OP's claim that her parents are gossiping about her should be the least of her worries.
Exactly!!!

Old 11-16-2017, 02:51 PM

359 posts, read 302,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
You tried to bait me a few times already in my work & employment thread but I didn't bite right away and so now you decided to pollute my thread in a different section (non romantic relationships). If you want to continue to participate in my threads I ask you to kindly stay on topic here, otherwise refrain from spreading misinformation to try to get other members to gang up on me.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:35 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,799,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
What an ageist stereotyped load of claptrap
I'm 79 and I have lived with the relatives and older people in my life and many of them are small and loved to gossip and talk about people. Lived in a small town and that's exactly how it was a LOT. Perhaps you never saw that and could be you are younger too.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:13 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,861,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaverde View Post
You tried to bait me a few times already in my work & employment thread but I didn't bite right away and so now you decided to pollute my thread in a different section (non romantic relationships). If you want to continue to participate in my threads I ask you to kindly stay on topic here, otherwise refrain from spreading misinformation to try to get other members to gang up on me.
Is there something ccc123 has posted here that is not factual? You don't get to decide what is appropriate for others to post even if you do start the conversation, just as it is inappropriate for you to decide what others should tell people inquiring as to your well being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships