Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 12:04 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonaSun View Post
OK so I just got off the phone with an attorney and he said that posting an opinion is not slander and posting my address is not against the law. He was just the first one I spoke to and the one closest to my home so I’m going to try again.
He likely didn't even know, nor did he check.

Read the article, that I posted... it has the law code right there in the article towards the bottom of the page. It is related to Fed. stalking laws.

I'd also like to know what has transpired between you all as neighbors that it got to this point. Maybe after you get this resolved you can start a thread in the non-romantic relationship category and discuss this. Some of the most interesting threads involve neighbors.

Be safe and I hope that you get this resolved. Keep us updated.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:09 PM

29 posts, read 25,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
He likely didn't even know, nor did he check.

Read the article, that I posted... it has the law code right there in the article towards the bottom of the page. It is related to Fed. stalking laws.

I'd also like to know what has transpired between you all as neighbors that it got to this point. Maybe after you get this resolved you can start a thread in the non-romantic relationship category and discuss this. Some of the most interesting threads involve neighbors.

Be safe and I hope that you get this resolved. Keep us updated.
Thank you and I really prefer not to say what started this for my own safety. I will say that this person is not reasonable and very unkind. I think we are dealing with the true sociopath.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:18 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Thank you and I really prefer not to say what started this for my own safety. I will say that this person is not reasonable and very unkind. I think we are dealing with the true sociopath.
I hope that you get this resolved quickly. Stay safe.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:59 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,136 times
Quote:
Hi there,

Today I found out that a wacky neighbor posted an ongoing issue we have had in a town social media forum. She posted the issue and than posted my address. There have been several noise complaints about them from myself and others in the neighborhood. Unfortunately she has taken it to the extreme. We both own homes. She has a two family. Today I was notified that she posted my address in the social media forum for anyone that follows that forum to see. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do legally? She does not know that I know and I refuse to have any contact with her because she has proven to be unstable. help!

Sounds like the person broke a forum rule.I'm sure you're told that putting certain information on any site is not allowed and if it is done.. they will give you a warning and remove the information.Look on the forum to see what the rules are and let the moderator know what was done.That way you don't have any contact with the person who did the post.I would hope to NOT see you on an episode of ID's Fear Thy Neighbor...
I hope this gets settled for you soon.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
Sounds like the person broke a forum rule.I'm sure you're told that putting certain information on any site is not allowed and if it is done.. they will give you a warning and remove the information.Look on the forum to see what the rules are and let the moderator know what was done.That way you don't have any contact with the person who did the post.I would hope to NOT see you on an episode of ID's Fear Thy Neighbor...
I hope this gets settled for you soon.

Gee thanks 😢😢

I reported it to the moderator as did a few other people - they are not removing it. They aren’t even returning a message

Old 01-22-2018, 02:35 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,511 times
Quote:
Gee thanks 😢😢

I reported it to the moderator as did a few other people - they are not removing it. They aren’t even returning a message
Maybe have your husband contact the Admin since he is a member of the group and you are not.
Get a restraining order against this person. I dunno, just coming up with ideas

Old 01-22-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
Maybe have your husband contact the Admin since he is a member of the group and you are not.
Get a restraining order against this person. I dunno, just coming up with ideas
He did ..

Old 01-22-2018, 03:00 PM

18,102 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Contact Facebook directly. I'm sure they have procedures in place within the company to deal with these kinds of issues since there are lots of crazy people in the world and certainly lots of crazy people on Facebook. Stop contacting the admin of the page, go to Facebook and contact customer service or help or their legal department. Someone will assist, you just need to get to the right department/person. Also, see if Facebook has customer service or a corporate site on Twitter. Sometimes you can get assistance on an issue faster by sending a direct message to a company through their Twitter ID. However, you need to have a Twitter ID of your own to do so.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:08 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,549 times
Quote:
Most moderators and admins – even on community pages – are volunteers. They're not monitoring at all times; they could be at work.

Don't jump to the conclusion that you're being ignored or that the moderator is in cahoots with the evildoer.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:29 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Cant do that. We have been advised by police not to contact one another. They have been nasty since day one.
Report it to police. See what they say. It sounds like the police are aware of the conflicted-neighbors situation, which is one thing police keep an eye on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships