Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 07:08 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I didn’t make another date with her, I just didn’t respond to her attempts to apologize and make another date. After her 15 tries I did not respond at all. I would never make an actual date just to stand her up.
In your previous posts, you implied that you did set up another date with her and didn't show up. If you didn't make plans to meet up with her, then why would you say this:

"No, but for once I wasn’t the one who took the L and ended up sad. She did after she so desperately begged me for another chance."

Why would she take the L somewhere and end up sad, as you put it, if all you did was not respond to her attempts to contact you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 07:27 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
In your previous posts, you implied that you did set up another date with her and didn't show up. If you didn't make plans to meet up with her, then why would you say this:

"No, but for once I wasn’t the one who took the L and ended up sad. She did after she so desperately begged me for another chance."

Why would she take the L somewhere and end up sad, as you put it, if all you did was not respond to her attempts to contact you?
Again, I didn’t set up another date with her. I just didn’t respond at all to her 15 or so attempts which got more desperate as they went along. I said that statement because she invested more emotionally into than I did and usually the inverse is true, so that is why I said I didn’t take the L because for once I had the upper hand emotionally.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:39 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,816,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Why did any of them ghost you? Is it something you are doing or saying, or some way you are behaving or something about you they can see on social media or something? Three different women doing the same thing to you in one month is suspicious to me, and makes me wonder more about you than about them TBCH. Did any of them, especially the last one who repeatedly tried to get in touch with you after, have any personal issues or emergencies going on at the time? Maybe ones that you could know about if you just talked to her?

I'm just trying to understand why it would happen to you three times with three women in such a short span of time. That's pretty unusual IMO, honestly I've never heard of that myself.
They probably just read his posts here and decide to be happy and ghost lol

Old 01-28-2018, 07:56 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
There's another old phrase for this: Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:27 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
In all seriousness, don't act like you don't go around thinking that you know best about everything, everyone does. Even when someone else changes your mind, nobody ever admits it in the moment, they just amend their beliefs/viewpoint privately and don't make the same argument again.
You are wrong.

I (for one) am intelligent enough to consider new information and to admit to changing my opinion if previously unknown *facts* warrant doing so.

So much for choosing to be 'right', eh?

Old 01-28-2018, 09:55 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I didn’t make another date with her, I just didn’t respond to her attempts to apologize and make another date. After her 15 tries I did not respond at all. I would never make an actual date just to stand her up.
I see. It sounded like you had.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:09 AM

772 posts, read 914,227 times
Quote:
I do, of course!

In all seriousness, don't act like you don't go around thinking that you know best about everything, everyone does. Even when someone else changes your mind, nobody ever admits it in the moment, they just amend their beliefs/viewpoint privately and don't make the same argument again.

WRONG! I always admit when someone brings up new information that I didn't know, or different points that DO change my mind in the moment, I will be the first to admit it. It's called friendly conversation where I come from ...

Old 01-28-2018, 11:28 AM

27 posts, read 15,474 times
When in doubt, say NO. Choose what you think is right. I may not know what your referring to as BS things, but whatever makes you uncomfortable, just say no.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:47 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
I don't believe in "going along to get along" or any of that nonsense. I'm not going to pretend like someone is right just to keep the peace, I have no qualms about calling them out on their BS and dealing with the consequences of doing that. If that means I have less "friends", so be it, I'd rather have a few good "real" friends than a bunch of fake/fair weather friends who are incapable of intelligent thought.
WOW! a special kind of person!

You could be my worst enemy, but you would never know it. I will call out people for lying and cheating

Old 01-28-2018, 08:24 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,136 times
Quote:
I don't believe in "going along to get along" or any of that nonsense. I'm not going to pretend like someone is right just to keep the peace, I have no qualms about calling them out on their BS and dealing with the consequences of doing that. If that means I have less "friends", so be it, I'd rather have a few good "real" friends than a bunch of fake/fair weather friends who are incapable of intelligent thought.
I agree 100 %!!
I would rather be alone then be with someone who always has to have their way...even if their ways or views would be hurtful to me in some way shape or form.I believe that there are someone out there for everyone so there shouldn't be a need to just go along with someone just to keep that person happy.You're not existing if you go that route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships