Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 04:52 PM

18 posts, read 20,493 times

Advertisements

or the main ones if there are many

i will start

he has a girlfriend , i dont.

he is 5ft 7 i am 5ft 11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 05:01 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,954,275 times
We're twins... He's a boy and I am a girl.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:08 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,942,367 times
Six siblings. Too many differences to list!

Old 06-28-2018, 05:09 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,646,935 times
The personality differences are the same as that of the general population, so this could be a long thread.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:45 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,752 times
Let's see...

Three sisters of which I'm the middle child. Two brothers by different parents.

Older (yet younger brother) brother passed away at 46 of a massive heart attack
Youngest (and baby of that side of the parental line) brother is gay and has spent time in prison for murder (nothing wrong with being gay...super wrong about murder!)
Oldest sister is just over 5' and an addict and former stripper. (stripper part doesn't bother me but her addictions and the lying and drama do)
Youngest sister is also just over 5' and has many personality traits from the bio mom that we have in common.

I'm the tallest at 5'6". Three sisters and youngest brother share the same bio mom. Oldest of the younger brothers share a dad.

The kids my bio mom had, our hair color gets lighter as the kids come out. Oldest has jet black hair ( the only sibling where we have the same bio parents), next in line is me. I have brown hair. Next in line is youngest sister who has dishwater blonde hair ( can't believe anyone ever came up with that hair color) and youngest brother to share the same mom is a tow head. Almost white hair it is so blonde.

Bio mom was a redhead. Pretty interesting.

Brother that passed away shared our dad as bio parent. He had black hair as did his mom and our dad. He was also my height.

I have sporadic contact with youngest sister but can't spend much time or she drives me crazy. No contact with other siblings.

Parents are all gone even my beloved step mom.

Hubby has met them all (except youngest brother) and cannot get over how I'm the stable one out of all of the family. I credit my step mom for that remarkable feat. <3

Old 06-28-2018, 06:43 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,045,402 times
I have one sister (older) - we are as different as night and day. She got the looks, brains, AND ambition in the family. After getting a doctorate, at age 60+ she is going back to school for a master's in a different field. She never wants to retire.

I went to college for 4 years but never used my degree. Worked at home making crafts most of my life. I'm a rather lazy person and can't imagine going back to school.

However, she is a "glass half empty" type while I am the opposite. I don't think she is a very happy person.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:37 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,573,187 times
My sister had breast cancer and never sought treatment. She passed away within 2 years.

I had & have breast cancer and sought treatment and have lived 20 more very active years.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:47 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
- My sister still lives in the same tiny town we grew up in, 5 streets from my parents house.
I like to move, moved often, within the country and then across the ocean. Haven't moved in 8 years and feel antsy.

- My sister married her high school sweetheart.
I am single

- My sister has two kids.
I don't like children, never wanted any

- My sister still has her very first job since highschool
I like to have different employments every once in a while

- My sister lives in a bubble
I have seen and experienced a lot.

- She is pretty selfish
I am (too much of) a giver

What we have in common: Our parents and our height. NOTHING else.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:12 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,217,823 times
My siblings, 5 in total split along two genetic lines and the differences were fairly easy to see.

Dads side: Skinny hairless legs, balding at 30, weak brown eyes, calm, analytical, not competitive, not a great father.

Moms side: Full head of hair, strong blue eyes, Hair all over, fairly tall, very competitive, not a great mother.

My brother Mike and I got very distinctive traits from my mother. Lots of hair, very competitive, athletic.

My two sisters, Robin and JoAnne, pretty much take after my mother, both have strong blue eyes, and are pretty competitive.

My two brothers Jerry and Alan take after my dad. Thinning hair, weak eyes, somewhat analytical, not competitive.

Didn't seem to have a lot of mixing for some reason.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:21 PM

1,092 posts, read 832,281 times
2 sisters - living
1 brother - living
1 brother - passed
We have same mother. I have different father. I was raised by grandparents, in the south, during what was once called the "formative" years. Siblings raised by parents in north. I AM OLDEST. Our differences are MANY. And I do not believe they are all genetics. I feel that my brother, sisters & I are a mixed bag of genetics AND environmental influences. In everything. Mother dark haired, fair skin. Step-father (dad) full head of black hair & skin tones darker in spring & summer (have always been told there is Native American genes there).
I am a physical carbon copy of mother, BUT, in mannerisms, thinking, behavior, etc., my mother & I (she is passed on) are/were nothing alike. I have really dark hair. My youngest sister shares the dark hair. One brother & sister are blondes.
Youngest sister is a physical carbon copy of dad. Looks NOTHING like mother. Mannerisms also dad's.
It is often said that the oldest are the bossiest. That is true I am THE BOSSIEST, youngest sister is the meekest.
Brother & I TOTAL opposites. In looks & in life. Sister just under me is almost as bossy as me (she was oldest during years I did not live with them). She is blonde, And is physically & in mannerisms much like paternal grandmother. Then there is my living brother. He looks NOTHING like dad (nor acts), his hair is blonde, but looks just like uncles & cousins on dad's side. In a room full of dad's people, you can tell he is one of them, but you would not guess he was dad's.

Last edited by roadhogHR; 06-29-2018 at 12:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships