Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 12:14 AM

3 posts, read 1,592 times

Advertisements

Birthday Party is celebrating a Birthday with his/her Friends and Family. Birthday boy or girl is chargeable for arranging a Party. Not you. If you are interested, send him a Birthday card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 02:46 AM

749 posts, read 482,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayathri12 View Post
Birthday Party is celebrating a Birthday with his/her Friends and Family. Birthday boy or girl is chargeable for arranging a Party. Not you. If you are interested, send him a Birthday card.

Other way around if anything the friends should paying for both them and their friend since it's his birthday and that is a gift.

However, asking your friend to pay your way on his birthday makes you unethical and a monster basically. What's next? You're gonna ask your friend to pay for your gas to get to the party? Do you know crazy that is? To ask your friend to pay for your gas? Why stop there? How about ask your friend to pay you for getting him a gift? Or how about paying you for your time? Do you know crazy that sounds?

It's one thing not to go. It's another thing to complain about it because that makes you a freeloader on your friends birthday. You want him to pay for EVERYTHING and you don't do anything but show up. Shame on you. In my opinion you should go to prison for a night for even thinking that.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:50 AM

I don't wanna pay to go to my friend's birthday. It's his birthday, not my birthday. Therefore I want him to pay for me. He should pay for himself and everyone else too. That's the gift I am giving him.

I don't wanna pay for his expenses but I want him to pay for mine. He's such a bad dude for inviting me to a place that actually costs money! I don't wanna pay for food or drinks. What was he thinking? This is his birthday... He should be paying for everything on his birthday.

And also why doesn't he give me a gift on his birthday? He's the host. He should give me a gift for coming to his birthday.

Also, he should pay for my gas. Who is gonna pay for it? It costs me money to go see him. I don't wanna pay my way, it's HIS birthday.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Educator1982 View Post
I would absolutely not go. 50 dollars? And this person makes this much money? This sounds low life and selfish. It's one thing for a group of friends to agree to go to a concert that "everyone has been wanting to see" and pay their own 50 dollars. But for a birthday party?? This person doesn't have all their screws together in their head. It's almost insulting and a bit immature. Heck, it even takes time out of the day with all of everyone's busy life and plans to do such and now money is wanted? Most adults are lucky with everyone's busy life if other adults can even make it any event after work unless your neighbors. Usually a birthday party is a few close friends or family with a brief dinner or going out to eat. Not 50 dollars and dozens of people invited.

I know right??? It's his birthday! He should also be paying me a gift to come see him! What is this world coming too? Food and drinks aren't supposed to cost 50 bucks, but more like 50 cents!

Old 11-19-2018, 06:31 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
You make me so upset. You think that because he makes 200 k he should pay your way? If you’re not saying that then why even add that? You pay your way.

So you chose to split because of this? That’s horrible. He didn’t profit off of people. It’s called paying your way. You just got cheap and so you lost a friend.

You know that this was about you saving a buck. You would go out and spend that money anyways.
Quote:
Right because everything is free...
Quote:
How is that tacky? Should the birthday boy have someone else throw it for him? Like a surprise party? Why can’t he celebrate with friends?

He’s not billing his friends to make a profit.. it’s not even a gift. It’s to pay for their own expense. They might even save money.

It would be another thing if you said you demand a 100 dollar gift card and no party for them.
You are way off base. It is rude to invite someone to a party, then tell them what they have to pay to attend. It is extremely bad manners. If the friends got together and decided to throw him a party, then they would pay. You don't throw yourself a party and tell people they have to pay to come to it. It's rude. IMO it doesn't matter if it's $15 or $50. You just don't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships