Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 02:00 PM
nng nng started this thread

695 posts, read 289,555 times

Advertisements

Okay so the guy who comes over to mow my lawn and fix up my house is just a friend to me. He keeps asking me if I want to have sex with him and be friends with benefits like every time he comes over. I say no, I am not interested I don't want to have sex. But he tries to touch me and tries to kiss me even when i say no and push him away and tell him to stop (I don't want things to get out of hand or escalate) It just seems like he won't take no for an answer. I actually live with my mom at her house thank god. I would be so nervous if I was living alone and this was happening ( I'm over 18 years old) I just don't know how to deal with this situation. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 02:17 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Wow, that is some serious sexual harassment. This happened to me with the guy who works for the local towing company. I reported him to his employer for inappropriate conduct and reported the employer to AAA who dropped them from their list of contractors. Problem solved

What are you so afraid of? It is extremely unsafe for this perv to be coming to women's homes. Something bad is going to happen to you someday if you do not learn to say NO and STOP and mean it.

PS, this guy is NOT your friend, he is a sexual predator.

Last edited by zentropa; 06-13-2019 at 02:55 PM..

Old 06-13-2019, 02:20 PM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
Find someone else to mow your lawn.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:29 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Okay so the guy who comes over to mow my lawn and fix up my house is just a friend to me. He keeps asking me if I want to have sex with him and be friends with benefits like every time he comes over. I say no, I am not interested I don't want to have sex. But he tries to touch me and tries to kiss me even when i say no and push him away and tell him to stop (I don't want things to get out of hand or escalate) It just seems like he won't take no for an answer. I actually live with my mom at her house thank god. I would be so nervous if I was living alone and this was happening ( I'm over 18 years old) I just don't know how to deal with this situation. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Is this person being paid to do the work? Is it possible he feels he is owed something in exchange for it? An unintentional mixed message? If not, maybe you need to change the terms explaining this is a professional relationship, nothing else. If he owns a business or is employed by someone maybe you should inform him if he keeps harassing you you will pursue the matter with his employer or the local business licensing agency (BBB, Chamber of Commerce, etc).

Old 06-13-2019, 02:39 PM
nng nng started this thread

695 posts, read 289,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Is this person being paid to do the work? Is it possible he feels he is owed something in exchange for it? An unintentional mixed message? If not, maybe you need to change the terms explaining this is a professional relationship, nothing else. If he owns a business or is employed by someone maybe you should inform him if he keeps harassing you you will pursue the matter with his employer or the local business licensing agency (BBB, Chamber of Commerce, etc).
He is being paid to do the work. Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:53 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,763,472 times
Quote:
He is being paid to do the work. Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.
Pay someone else to do the work. If he was an actual friend, he would respect your answers. The fact that he is continuing to try and touch and kiss you when you say no is quite troubling. I would text him and say thank you for your help but we have found someone else to cut the lawn etc. so we won't be needing your services any longer and be done with him.

He is not a friend and he could be dangerous.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:57 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
This can't be real.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:33 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,157,062 times
Let's at least call this what it is: he's sexually harassing you, and borderline assaulting you.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:33 PM

47 posts, read 32,439 times
First of all, like others have suggested, find someone else to mow your lawn and do the repairs. Cut off all social media contact with this guy. And you wrote you have to push him away. Does that mean he puts his hands on you? If yes, CALL THE POLICE AND REPORT AN ASSAULT AND BATTERY.

You need to put an end to this situation as soon as possible; otherwise, he might think it is a game, and show up at your house unannounced one day and it will only go bad.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:37 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Have you told your mother that the man she hired to do odd jobs is a perv and sexually harassing you? She needs to fire him and report him ASAP. In the meantime, avoid all contact with this person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships