Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 09:25 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times

Advertisements

I can't read all that but I think it's common. After all, it happened to Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 10:10 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,964,064 times
You’re insufferable... that’s why. Your screen name pretty much says it all.
You’re welcome.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:02 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Point blank. No its not normal. Nor is the expectation that every Facebook post be about yourself.

Mine is usually community oriented. A notice to the public. Such as: the easter egg hunt being held at charter village is rescheduled.

On rare occasions I make a self involved post...usually comical. Such as a Maxine cartoon that conveys my attitude that day.

I tend to subscribe that the last person to get the memo that they are egotistical is the one who is ..well egotistical.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:05 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaGoddess View Post
Well that is pretty horrible then. I have done nothing to him to deserve this. He never says "You dont have to get me anything", why doesn't he just say that? A lot of people say that easily. Well next year I won't buy him anything and I will make plans on his birthday and I will not invite him to my birthday thing with my mom and his kids.

I didn't choose to have my brother in my life, he was born into it. You can't change your family. And as for my friends, I chose them because when I first met them, I didn't know they were selfish. And I have tried to drop a few of them but they won't stop messaging me and I feel too bad to just quit talking to them. It would be easier if I only knew them a few months but most of these people I have known for half my life at least.
Don’t you think you are a little old for birthday cake and ice cream?

Old 09-26-2019, 07:55 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

Nah, you're never too old! But why wait on others when you can buy yourself your own birthday cake? It's a win-win! You pick out what you like, and you don't have to share if you don't want to!

Old 09-26-2019, 07:58 AM

9,860 posts, read 7,736,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaGoddess View Post
And my mom is just not supportive of me being happy, to put it bluntly. When I pulled into her driveway with my new camper, she had a concerned look on her face, wouldn't smile, didnt even wanna go inside, etc.

I spent a lot of money for a travel writers workshop and started taking a course on travel blogging. All of this was so profound for me that I stopped having a recurring nightmare which symbolized that my life was going nowhere. So anyway I have been asked by a website to write for them, and have already written a bunch of articles that I can get paid for or post on my blog once I get that going.

All my trips are local, I have never gone more than 3 hours from home. And I camp, so it's cheaper than a hotel. My low rent is also part of how I can afford to travel so much. And where I want to move eventually, that is my goal for the distant future, not anytime soon. That is for when I have a normal income again and after my mom is gone so there will be nothing keeping me here.

But I am more concerned with what you said, you are making it sound like I am not supposed to talk about how happy I am because it would upset others. Nobody is responsible for other people's happiness and nobody should hide their happiness or who they are for fear of making others jealous.
Just pulled out a few points of your reply. I don't think your family is jealous of you. You are bragging. It's not cute. Why is your mom concerned and not happy that you bought a camper?

How much have you earned so far writing your articles? Did you earn enough to cover the expensive workshop yet?

Is your family concerned that you are going through this inheritance too quickly? Possibly wasting the money?

Old 09-26-2019, 08:41 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Who cares what other people think? Is what they think going to define you as a person?

Old 09-26-2019, 10:47 AM

401 posts, read 319,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
You’re insufferable... that’s why. Your screen name pretty much says it all.
You’re welcome.
"Gaia" means "Earth", and "Goddess" means female deity, and every human is a deity. How that means I am insufferable (intolerable, hard to bear) makes no sense to me, but that's ok. Moving on.

Old 09-26-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Point blank. No its not normal. Nor is the expectation that every Facebook post be about yourself.

Mine is usually community oriented. A notice to the public. Such as: the easter egg hunt being held at charter village is rescheduled.

On rare occasions I make a self involved post...usually comical. Such as a Maxine cartoon that conveys my attitude that day.

I tend to subscribe that the last person to get the memo that they are egotistical is the one who is ..well egotistical.
Just because I post about my travels and my good news doesn't make me egotistical. Half of my friends on FB post about their travels and good news, including my friends who rarely like my posts of the same content. My last post was sharing the Patreon page of a local musician that is popular in our festival community. My post before that was sharing an astrology event happening in my town. Don't assume you know everything I post.

Old 09-26-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
The cake and ice cream was for the kids, mostly...but like I've said, this is a tradition in my family. My dad's parents started it in the 50's, whoever's birthday it was, everyone got cake and ice cream and the whole family got together. This continued with my immediate family, and we even do it for parents birthdays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships