Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 02:25 AM

33 posts, read 45,686 times

Advertisements

I have a rather complicated situation and would like some feedback. Up until about 5 months ago I was friends with someone who we'll call Christina, I was in need of a roommate and she and I were both friends with someone who I'll call Jessica. Both Christina and I are good friends with Jessica. Anyway, Christina stayed with me for about a year and we did NOT get along. She kept acting as if the apartment was solely hers and would get real mean and getting her to pay half of the bills upon which we agreed on was a pain in the butt. Well, she eventually ended up leaving even before our lease ended but before she did she ended up stealing a bunch of my stuff and selling it at a pawn shop.

I found this out because Jessica who was still friends with Christina told me. She told me but said not to tell Christina I know as to not make things bad between Jessica and Christina (Jessica and I have known each other and been friends with each other for several years, but Jessica and Christina significantly longer so and Jessica says she considers Christina to be her best friend). I asked Jessica why she is still friends with someone so horrible and she says "Well, that's between you and her, she's never done anything wrong to me". Jessica still likes to ask me to go do stuff with her, but it bothers me that she is still friends with her. Am I in the wrong here? As badly as Christina screwed me over is it wrong for me to think were Jessica a good friend she'd immediately cut contact with and stop befriending Christina?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 05:41 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,809,163 times
Yes

Old 08-12-2017, 08:11 AM

16,417 posts, read 12,495,187 times
You're wrong for expecting Jessica to take sides between two friends. Let her stay out of it.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:29 AM

3,122 posts, read 2,065,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeana View Post
I have a rather complicated situation and would like some feedback. Up until about 5 months ago I was friends with someone who we'll call Christina, I was in need of a roommate and she and I were both friends with someone who I'll call Jessica. Both Christina and I are good friends with Jessica. Anyway, Christina stayed with me for about a year and we did NOT get along. She kept acting as if the apartment was solely hers and would get real mean and getting her to pay half of the bills upon which we agreed on was a pain in the butt. Well, she eventually ended up leaving even before our lease ended but before she did she ended up stealing a bunch of my stuff and selling it at a pawn shop.

I found this out because Jessica who was still friends with Christina told me. She told me but said not to tell Christina I know as to not make things bad between Jessica and Christina (Jessica and I have known each other and been friends with each other for several years, but Jessica and Christina significantly longer so and Jessica says she considers Christina to be her best friend). I asked Jessica why she is still friends with someone so horrible and she says "Well, that's between you and her, she's never done anything wrong to me". Jessica still likes to ask me to go do stuff with her, but it bothers me that she is still friends with her. Am I in the wrong here? As badly as Christina screwed me over is it wrong for me to think were Jessica a good friend she'd immediately cut contact with and stop befriending Christina?
J knows that C is a thief but is okay with her as long as she only steals from other people.

No, you are not wrong to think J should have cut contact with a thief.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:15 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times
Neither of these people is your friend. If Jessica had been loyal to Christina, she would not have told on her. If she had been loyal to you, she would have been angry with Christina.

When Christina treats Jessica badly, she'll change her tune.

But, for now these two have shown you their true colors. You don't need friends like this in your life. Find new, quality people to be your friends.

I am not saying you need to be hateful to them. That is going down to their level. Simply disappear from their lives, and live your own life with class.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:22 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,194,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
J knows that C is a thief but is okay with her as long as she only steals from other people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Neither of these people is your friend. If Jessica had been loyal to Christina, she would not have told on her. If she had been loyal to you, she would have been angry with Christina.

When Christina treats Jessica badly, she'll change her tune.

But, for now these two have shown you their true colors. You don't need friends like this in your life. Find new, quality people to be your friends.

I am not saying you need to be hateful to them. That is going down to their level. Simply disappear from their lives, and live your own life with class.
Both above pretty much said it. Why would you want to associate with someone who doesn't care how immoral someone is, as long as it is directed to others and not herself? Both sound like bad characters, not just the thief. Someone who is OK with a thief is just a centimeter away from being a thief herself.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:00 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
Quote:
J knows that C is a thief but is okay with her as long as she only steals from other people. .
This.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:42 PM

153 posts, read 121,044 times
Curious as to why it took J to tell you that your stuff was stolen and pawned. Did you ever ask C about it?

Regardless, J seems to like to stir the pot, so I'd steer clear of her as well.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:11 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,215,221 times
Quote:

No, you are not wrong to think J should have cut contact with a thief.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:19 PM

33 posts, read 45,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB75 View Post
Curious as to why it took J to tell you that your stuff was stolen and pawned. Did you ever ask C about it?

Regardless, J seems to like to stir the pot, so I'd steer clear of her as well.
J said she didn't want me to confront C about it because she knows C will be very upset and mad at her, and would ruin their friendship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships