Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,205 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move in june to nc from nj. We have some friends in waxhaw that love it and claim good school systems.... we r going to rent for 6 months to a year first and then make a home purchase if we like it. I know life will be differnt in a way and no comparison to bergen county nj but cost of livong is ridiculous for a 1 income family with two small kids. All im looking for is a safe area with the best school system. My oldest will start kindergarten in sept of 2013. Any insight/advice would be appreciated if anyone has made this move and ur insights on it. My hisband will be commuting from nc to nj 3 days a week but being close to an aiport for his commute is not priority. Thank. U. In advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 03:31 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahaki0829 View Post
We are looking to move in june to nc from nj. We have some friends in waxhaw that love it and claim good school systems.... we r going to rent for 6 months to a year first and then make a home purchase if we like it...
Two questions: 1. Do you want to remain near your friends in Waxhaw? 2. Where would you husband's work be located?

If you want to remain around Waxhaw, I'd suggest re-posting your questions in the Charlotte sub-forum. If you are open to other areas, there are litererally hundreds of neighborhoods in safe areas. The "best" school system in the state is Chapel Hill/Carrboro in the Triangle. I'd suggest doing some reading to see what interests you. There are dozens of people from New Jersey who have moved to the Triangle who post on this forum. There are also many New Jersey folks who post on the Charlotte sub-forum.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,493,158 times
i am from your area VLAHAKI0829
we moved down in 2007
it took us till last year to get used to it. i would give you this advise. dont move to a very rural area just because it costs less. i have seen people come down from our area, move to places like Cary and Wake forest, (which are really nice) buy a Mcmansion and then run back home saying its not like NJ.
what kind of budget do you have? it is possible here to be a 1 income household and still be in a brand new house. but you have to keep an open mind and move to the correct place where you will feel a little bit at home.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,502,433 times
I've noticed that Fayetteville looks a lot like New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina