Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 03:16 PM

23 posts, read 47,973 times

Advertisements

We just relocated to Hope Mills. I already have a job, enough to pay all of our bills. However, my husband is wanting to get a job/start a career as well. However, he needs to go to school most likely, before he is able to actually get a job with good pay and benefits and something that can transfer to other states.

He is wanting to do something like a certificate or diploma program, something that will take less than a year(probably at Fay Community College), along the lines of welding, refrigeration, ac, etc. Is there a great need in this area for something like that? He doesn't even know where to start really, just wants to have some type of job to give him a better chance in the working world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 03:53 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,042 times
I would suggest that your husband talk to the admissions or guidance office at Fayetteville Tech. Comm. College. I would hope that they could give him information on which programs have the most demand and/or which programs' grads have the best rates of employment.

Best wishes to both of you.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:00 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie77775 View Post
He is wanting to do something like a certificate or diploma program, something that will take less than a year(probably at Fay Community College), along the lines of welding, refrigeration, ac, etc.
I'd suggest HVAC maintenance, as there will always be a need for it. However, talking to the guidance office sounds like the best idea.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:12 PM

586 posts, read 1,546,776 times
Check the help wanted ads in your area too.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:06 PM

460 posts, read 778,865 times
indeed.com usually is a good starting place for entry level jobs, or you can directly research the area companies on their websites. He may want to talk to some of the larger area contractors, as there always seems to be work on Bragg.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:16 PM

23 posts, read 47,973 times
Thank you very much!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:58 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,984,771 times
Fay Tech has really good vocational programs. I took the intro welding course a few years ago. One option that was not mentions would be machinist. Working with CNC fabrication machines etc. It is skilled labor and seem to be in steady demand. They offer an asociates degree program in Computer-Integrated Machining.

HVAC is a choice it is work that can't be outsourced to other countries. But you spend all day in the heat and cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina