Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 11:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarLatGo View Post
So you're saying that the 650 new jobs would never have moved to Charlotte if Homeland had stayed? ......

Your logic here.....defies logic
Maybe the obscene amount of never ending money being poured into the film industry would have prevented the very small, and results required, incentive being used to make this announcement possible. The point being, which you can't seem to fathom, is the state isn't falling off the abyss as some would like to make it sound, because Beverly Perdue's ridiculous gift to the film industry has ended.

If you are having trouble with simple logic such as this, I recommend taking off those partisan blinders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 01:12 PM

613 posts, read 746,516 times
Under the Dome is staying. Seems the catastrophe predicted has not happened, yet again.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:31 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
Under the Dome is staying. Seems the catastrophe predicted has not happened, yet again.
Little too early to raise the victory flag.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Little too early to raise the victory flag.
But there were plenty here who were quite ready to claim the state was going to fall into economic Armageddon by getting rid of the Beverly Perdue Film Industry taxpayer subsidy. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Obviously all the partisan dire predictions are not going to happen. Under The Dome is an example as is the 650 new jobs in Mecklenburg that will use the former Homeland facility.

Of course the partisans will never admit it. They will fall silent and look for the next conspiracy.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:38 PM

353 posts, read 604,734 times
Under the Dome is a sort of unique situation. For one thing, Stephen King really likes Wilmington. I mean, he likes Wilmington A LOT. This is the fourth awful production he's done here, bless his heart. He also uses us as a setting for a few of his short stories.
Other than King's love of Wilmington, 2015 was already going to be the final year of production for Under the Dome. It made little sense for them to try to pack up everything at this point and lug it off to another state.
Even MORE unique to their situation is the entire premise of the show - EVERYTHING happens in a very small town "under a dome". They've spent millions constructing sets in Wilmington that can't be relocated, they've shot hours and hours of film showing the same Wilmington area buildings and houses over and over, they can't just magically make all that vanish now and have the whole town that's supposed to be trapped under a dome suddenly change.

We'll enjoy the 6 months of spending they do in Wilmington next year.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:

We'll enjoy the 6 months of spending they do in Wilmington next year.
Of course we will. And if the show is renewed, they will come back again.

Funny how everything you said was discounted, ignored and downright claimed to be nonsense. Read back on the conversation about "infrastructure". None of it was true or relevant. Partisan nonsense.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:19 PM

There is no "renewing" for the show, since - as I stated above - next season - 2015 - is THE FINAL SEASON. Final, meaning last, meaning The End, there ain't gonna be no more.

The show was conceived as a 3 season show from the git-go, and was written as such. Sort of an extended mini-series. Since there was never any plan for anything beyond Season 3, there is no point in them moving.

Am I not being clear on this? I read back over my post and it seemed pretty clear and I tried to make it as simple as possible. Six months of production, then they're gone forever.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
There is no "renewing" for the show, since - as I stated above - next season - 2015 - is THE FINAL SEASON. Final, meaning last, meaning The End, there ain't gonna be no more.

The show was conceived as a 3 season show from the git-go, and was written as such. Sort of an extended mini-series. Since there was never any plan for anything beyond Season 3, there is no point in them moving.

Am I not being clear on this? I read back over my post and it seemed pretty clear and I tried to make it as simple as possible. Six months of production, then they're gone forever.
LOL. You are being clear at being dead wrong or making stuff up.

This is straight from the series executive's mouth:
If you know the ending, what would be the ideal length for the series?
"Five seasons would be great, we'd love that. Also we'd like to keep it to 13 episodes, not 22. That's always been a challenge for shows, especially sci-fi shows, because that's a lot of episodes to maintain mythology. 'Under the Dome' exec Neal Baer: 'We know how the show will end' - TV Interview - Digital Spy

My math says 5 seasons /= 3 seasons.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:39 PM

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia . I trust what the people who actually work on the show are telling me.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia . I trust what the people who actually work on the show are telling me.
That wasn't Wikipedia dearie.

No matter. It puts to rest yet another argument that wasn't based in any real world situation.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 10-10-2014 at 04:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina