Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 02:37 PM

5 posts, read 7,534 times

Advertisements

Hi all I just accepted a job in Mooresville, NC. I am relocating from the Philadelphia area. I have two high school teens that are currently enrolled in the 9th rank public high school in PA and my wife's and educator. After doing several weeks of research for schools, my wife decided that Audrey Kell High was probably the best school in the area. The problem is the housing would be about a 45 min. commute to work for me.

While 45 min isn't terrible, I was hoping to reduce my commute times to under 30 minutes (i've done 45 minute commute for 20 years). Are how are the high schools in Mooresville in relation to Audrey Kell High?

If I can't find a suitable alternative to Audrey Kell High I'm considering renting for 3 years (kids graduate), then purchasing a home where school taxes aren't too high. But if I could fine a nice home close to the office, with a great high school.

The kids are very athletic so competitive school sports is a must. Some of the things I look for in a community is availability. I like the night life, but not the club scene. Just like to get out and relax my mind at night and bite to eat or a drink late at night. Where big outdoor people, mountain biking, hiking, some hunting and fishing, but we don't mind the city noise. We also ride motorcycles so having access to good roads is a plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 02:57 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,832,548 times
Mooresville would probably be better discussed in the Charlotte subforum than the general NC one--far more people in that part of the state read that one.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:54 PM

261 posts, read 380,759 times
A commute from the Ardrey Kell district to Mooresville will likely be longer than 45 minutes during rush hour. The schools in Mooresville are great, probably better than AK. Do a search on the Charlotte board for "Mooresville" and you'll find lots of posts.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:57 PM

5 posts, read 7,534 times
Excellent thanks.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:38 AM

66 posts, read 59,376 times
We moved to Mooresville on last August and my oldest son will go to high school next year. Actually two of our kids are in Mt Mourne IB school, which is a great school. We are very happy with that. My son will go to South Iredell High school (SIHS) to continue the IB program. We are living by Lake Norman, and there is the school bus for kids from here to SIHS. It takes around 20min from our place to SIHS if we drive him there. For going to Audrey Kell High from here, at the rush hour, I would say more than 1 hour. I77's trafic is very heavy. Lake Norman high school in Mooresville is a good school too, it is closer than SIHS but they do not have the IB program.
Welcome to the area and good luck for your research.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 AM

123 posts, read 241,209 times
Goodness there are great schools in the Mooresville area! Don't do that commute!! I promise!! Traffic is a bear in Charlotte, no way 45 minutes will get you from Ballantyne area to Mooresville!

Old 02-10-2016, 11:37 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,538,690 times
Search North Carolina High Schools | US News

Old 02-10-2016, 03:35 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,538,690 times
The war against teachers is having success.

February 9, 2016
GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – Across the state, the number of students studying to become teachers is falling fast.
Last week, UNC system administrators reported a 30% drop in educator program enrollment across the state since 2010. That means fewer teachers in your kids’ classrooms, as these programs are the biggest source of teachers in North Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina