Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 07:49 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,008,461 times

Advertisements

What happened to the recent thread about them? Someone step out of line with an unpopular opinion?

Old 11-24-2017, 01:09 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,412,207 times
Well another one just went up in this area... crazy, would not have seen any flying on houses a few years ago but now they are going up more and more... drive down 39 into joco and its stars and bars left and right.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:51 PM

626 posts, read 626,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Well another one just went up in this area... crazy, would not have seen any flying on houses a few years ago but now they are going up more and more... drive down 39 into joco and its stars and bars left and right.
You know as well as I do that the average North Carolinians are very mild mannered decent people no matter what race you are. But as soon as you tell us what not to do, we will do it just to spite you.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post
You know as well as I do that the average North Carolinians are very mild mannered decent people no matter what race you are. But as soon as you tell us what not to do, we will do it just to spite you.
I was in Pigeon Forge last week, drive there i saw a ton of confed flags in mountain area... specially near asheville. Didnt see any in Tennessee... probably because tn is not seeing as much of a push against them as nc... i hate the government telling us what to do... as long as no ones physical life is harmed why should it mattetr? Oh wait , i forgot feelings are harmed.... **** your feelings, we shouldnt be told what to do based off of emotions.... emotions are easily controlled, corrupted, and bent to the will of a person. You are easy to control when emotions control you....

Old 11-25-2017, 08:59 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,729,526 times
The sentence below describes this flag thing the best...

"It is also the one most hated by those who are completely and totally ignorant of what it stands for."

It came from this article... The TRUE Meaning of the Confederate Flag's Design

I respect a person a lot more who speaks their mind, than tries to be "politically correct"...

Old 11-25-2017, 09:42 AM

93,414 posts, read 124,120,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder24car View Post
The sentence below describes this flag thing the best...

"It is also the one most hated by those who are completely and totally ignorant of what it stands for."

It came from this article... The TRUE Meaning of the Confederate Flag's Design

I respect a person a lot more who speaks their mind, than tries to be "politically correct"...

So people are flying the wrong flag all along?

Old 11-25-2017, 06:42 PM

626 posts, read 626,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
So people are flying the wrong flag all along?
By in large yes because the most recognized flag is a Battle Flag that was flown in battles roundup distinguish between the Union and the Confederates. That's why I was happy a couple years back when I flew back to NC and went to the Confederate store in Burlington. They ran out of the battle flag and got the original Confederate flag. It looks like a older colonial flag and not a lot of people fly it at all. Especially here in CA no one knows about it.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:58 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,399,515 times
There’s no rebel flags in Mecklenburg County. Maybe a few on the outskirts of the county, but I’ve never seen any. Well, 1 in a trailer park in Matthews.

I can’t imagine driving through Dilworth, Ballantyne, Meyers Park, Cornelius, Davidson (Republican areas) and seeing the rebel flag. IMO, historical or
Not, it’s a little “Larry the Cable Guy” in my opinion. Definitely not a flag I see the Johnson Family having rigged up to their SUV while they take their Honor Roll student to play soccer at the local YMCA and passing out Kool Aid

Old 11-25-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
There’s no rebel flags in Mecklenburg County. Maybe a few on the outskirts of the county, but I’ve never seen any. Well, 1 in a trailer park in Matthews.

I can’t imagine driving through Dilworth, Ballantyne, Meyers Park, Cornelius, Davidson (Republican areas) and seeing the rebel flag. IMO, historical or
Not, it’s a little “Larry the Cable Guy” in my opinion. Definitely not a flag I see the Johnson Family having rigged up to their SUV while they take their Honor Roll student to play soccer at the local YMCA and passing out Kool Aid
Well duh, its not a flag uncultured suburban bores would fly. P.S. lots of "respectable" and "well off folks" fly it too, the flag that just went up here flys over a old southern plantation style home with massive oaks and southern magnolia... also the areas you mention are mainly filled with folks with no ties to NC or the south... being a republican doesnt determine if you fly the flag..... dont get why you tie the flag to the republican party. Also what does being a little "larry the cable guy" have to do with anything? When will yall learn not to judge folks living in trailers who are impoverished? You arent any better than they are, i gurrantee many of those folks know more than you ever will. Im tired of folks belittling folks based on income level and race. Really disgusting , im sure we can agree to that.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:52 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,250,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post

They are not common but I live near Ballantyne and I've seen them in that area and in South Charlotte before. Someone on the Charlotte forum years ago (2010ish?) posted a link of students from Providence High School posing with the flag, in front of the school. The students posted these pictures online. I don't remember it being a big news story but you can bet it would be today.

I agree in general that this is nowhere near a "hotbed" for such a thing but to say there's no rebel flags in the county is incorrect. They exist, one just has to look harder for them. The same goes even for the Triangle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina