Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:21 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,177 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are considering moving to NC. We are former New Yorkers who moved to S. Florida about 11 years ago. We are content here. But we miss the mountains, 4 seasons and want to raise our two children (9 & 3) with a more cultured way of life.

Are there certain areas with a larger concentration of Jewish folks? Which areas have synogoges? Any private Jewish schools?

Thanks,
Julie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 07:40 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
Here's a good FAQ from Beth Meyer Synagogue that covers all of your questions: Beth Meyer Synagogue, Raleigh North Carolina

Old 05-15-2008, 07:49 AM

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
Here's a good FAQ from Beth Meyer Synagogue that covers all of your questions: Beth Meyer Synagogue, Raleigh North Carolina

Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
Smile hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
My husband & I are considering moving to NC. We are former New Yorkers who moved to S. Florida about 11 years ago. We are content here. But we miss the mountains, 4 seasons and want to raise our two children (9 & 3) with a more cultured way of life.

Are there certain areas with a larger concentration of Jewish folks? Which areas have synogoges? Any private Jewish schools?

Thanks,
Julie
You will find that in NC the concentrated areas of Jewish people are in the city areas, like Charolette, Raleigh.There are just a few outside of these areas that have some jewish people. Do you want to live in a more rural area or is that second to being in the largest jewish population? North Raleigh has the most in the Wake county then some in Cary and then just a little in Holly Springs. And as you can see you go from city like to more rural in that order. The same in the charolette area. Depends on how religious you are. I live in the Holly springs / Fuquay Varina area so ask away.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 AM

Thank you for your reply. We are not overly religious (somewhere between conservative and reform). But currently our son goes to hebrew school, and our daughter goes to a private Jewish preschool. We would probably say living in the rural parts would come second to being in a larger Jewish population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
You will find that in NC the concentrated areas of Jewish people are in the city areas, like Charolette, Raleigh.There are just a few outside of these areas that have some jewish people. Do you want to live in a more rural area or is that second to being in the largest jewish population? North Raleigh has the most in the Wake county then some in Cary and then just a little in Holly Springs. And as you can see you go from city like to more rural in that order. The same in the charolette area. Depends on how religious you are. I live in the Holly springs / Fuquay Varina area so ask away.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 AM

46 posts, read 140,150 times
That link that got posted is excellent. We are members of Beth Meyer and my son goes to the Hillel Preschool. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:00 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
Thank you for your reply. We are not overly religious (somewhere between conservative and reform). But currently our son goes to hebrew school, and our daughter goes to a private Jewish preschool. We would probably say living in the rural parts would come second to being in a larger Jewish population.
In the Charlotte area you would want to look in south Charlotte - that is where the three temples are and where most Jewish families tend to relocate. I know a fantastic Jewish realtor if you are interested.

Beth EL: Home

Jewish Community Center of Charlotte, NC

Temple Israel Charlotte NC

Old 05-17-2008, 05:47 PM

10 posts, read 70,659 times
I am Jewish and have lived in Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, and Charleston - all have great choices for Jewish family life, schools K-12, and college!

Charlotte Eastover & Myers Park are top upscale neighborhoods close to everthing as well as Jewish Community Center, etc.
Moderator cut: removed

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-17-2008 at 08:06 PM..

Old 04-29-2014, 08:04 PM

6 posts, read 33,805 times
Still clueless about how to choose between Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, and also Columbia, SC. Please help!

Old 04-29-2014, 08:23 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,571,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennie Spallone View Post
Still clueless about how to choose between Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, and also Columbia, SC. Please help!
You're not giving us to much to go on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina