Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2020, 09:28 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,488,747 times

Advertisements

I'm still waiting for Trump to show up in one of the smaller, red North Carolina cities along with Franklin Graham-Cracker wailing "Jesus,Jesus ...Trump,Trump!" to his low-information minions. North Carolina still remains one of the solid "toss-up" states. It's going to be a nail-biter in this state for Election Day and perhaps a few days later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 12:07 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I'm still waiting for Trump to show up in one of the smaller, red North Carolina cities along with Franklin Graham-Cracker wailing "Jesus,Jesus ...Trump,Trump!" to his low-information minions. North Carolina still remains one of the solid "toss-up" states. It's going to be a nail-biter in this state for Election Day and perhaps a few days later.
I'm not too sure how far out from the cities he'd have to go to get enough of his people to be worth the effort.

I do know that the first presidential yard sign that I saw in Kings Mountain was Trump Pence, but right now Biden Harris outnumbers Trump Pence significantly. Most houses with signs are for much farther down on the ballot.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:53 PM

872 posts, read 1,015,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I highly doubt that Graham will lose. SC is a highly republican state, and I think the polls are really way off. Another race to look out for is Peters vs James in Michigan, and Ernst vs Greenfield in Iowa.
You may want to reconsider that statement given now that Harrison has just raised $57 million in the third quarter of this year, setting a new record in a U.S. Senate race. Meanwhile, Graham is struggling to keep up in advertising purchases. As this article from Politico notes, "Between now and Election Day, Harrison has more than $16 million reserved, while Graham has $4.8 million."

Also from the same article: "Public and private polling has shown the race to be extremely competitive. A poll from Quinnipiac University late last month showed the race tied at 48 percent. An internal poll from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, conducted around the same time, showed Harrison narrowly ahead, 48 percent to 47 percent."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...na-race-428541

Old 10-11-2020, 02:47 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,936,259 times
I predict that Graham will lose, just because we've heard his two cents worth for so long, including when he bends his beliefs to endorse the president.

I wonder if he has a boyfriend in D.C. because he must be in my tribe, LGBT.

His challenger is breaking records in fundraising, and if you're a Black American this is definitely your time.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:37 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Trump's holding a campaign rally in Greenville this Thursday. Poor Greenville...

https://www.wral.com/trump-to-hold-c...ille/19331250/

Old 10-11-2020, 11:13 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,488,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Trump's holding a campaign rally in Greenville this Thursday. Poor Greenville...

https://www.wral.com/trump-to-hold-c...ille/19331250/

Exactly! What did poor Greenville do to deserve a visit from Typhoid Trumpie?

Old 10-12-2020, 04:53 AM

9,776 posts, read 15,776,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Untrustworthy, stupid about certain things, and still leading the polls. Nothing new to be seen here, just politics at it's finest.
If every politician who has had an affair had to leave office, we'd have very few politicians left in office. Affairs are non-issues for most voters these days.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:41 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
If every politician who has had an affair had to leave office, we'd have very few politicians left in office. Affairs are non-issues for most voters these days.
I completely concur, but what does that say about us as a population?

Old 10-12-2020, 05:59 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,352,889 times
Quote:
I dunno, maybe: We are all human and capable of making a stupid mistake ?

He'd still get my vote if I was a NC voter.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 10-12-2020, 06:21 AM

773 posts, read 645,134 times
Quote:
Perhaps it says some of us are able to recognize that a making mistake in one's personal life doesn't necessarily mean one isn't capable of being a successful elected official.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina